How is it already Sunday? I find it extremely unfair that weekends go by in quick blink of an eye!
Friday night my choir sang the anthem at the football game. They did such a fantastic job and I couldn't get over the difference in a year. Last season, I was so nervous and it was still an awkward transition of the kids not really knowing me, trusting me, and liking me. Now, I actually looked forward to seeing them and honestly enjoy being around them. They are funny, talented, and smart students and I can't imagine being any luckier.
Saturday morning, Sharon and Ashley took me maternity clothes shopping. It was... different. I know people always talk about how beautiful you are when you're expecting and you have that "glow" but I feel like I missed that day. I'm seriously not looking for a compliment, but sadly I don't think I am one of those lucky cute preggy girls, but I just look chubby. Whatever, it's only for a little while but it makes clothes shopping a little circus, fun house mirror-esque. The store we went to had really cute clothes and was actually trendier than I am in normal life. I tried on skinny, maternity pants which was the funniest sight ever and no I will never take a picture. Sharon did treat me to a pair of corduroy pants, jeans, and two tops. She is so sweet and this was a great start to my new wardrobe. I have to admit, I have been avoiding going because I knew this was something my Mom and I would have done together and it was too sad. I had a moment of panic when Ashley and Sharon pulled up and started to tear up and luckily P was there and went to talk to them while I got it together. After I calmed down, we went shopping and really did have a fun time. As we were ringing up my items, the sales clerk asked for my phone number and I gave it to her and she said, "oh are you Michelle?" Instantly a lump formed in my throat but I somehow kept it together and said, "no I'm Natalie" and she said, "that's odd it says this number belongs to a Michelle". Then she took down my info. Anyway, Sharon said maybe Mom had shopped there before. I kind of doubt it because I think she would have told me and it was kind of trendy but I just let it go. Then I told P and he said maybe she was there and that's how she told you which of course make me a pile of mush but that's the way I'm going to think of it. Sneaky, sweet Momma!
Saturday night we saw friends that we hadn't seen in a while at Porta Via in Franklin, yummy.
Sunday P went shooting and I went to church. Sounds like a country song. I wore my new maternity pants, which I do think accentuate the belly and a "kind" old church lady told me I was "showing more than almost 5 months". Thanks. a. lot. I got curious if I was indeed showing "too much" and took this picture in the bathroom while I was the only one in there.
I wanted to respond to church lady with something snarky like, "oh that's funny because you have more age spots than most people your age" but we had a sermon all about being nice and yayayaya so I kept my mouth shut. People always say they feel good about doing the right thing. Not this time.
Lastly, I went to get some water from the church kitchen in between services and I saw this. There is always wine in there, nothing new but the PBR cracked me up. I have no idea what this was from but I wish I had been there. Maybe the priests are planning their own Sunday Funday?
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
What a sweet story.. and I'm very sure it was Michelle showing up right when you needed her to give you a boost. You've got so many people that love you!
I love it so much that Philip immediately thought of that. I completely agree with him. It would be just like your mom.
You look PERFECT, not to big, not too little, just PERFECT for you and baby. :)
I love it so much that Philip immediately thought of that. I completely agree with him. It would be just like your mom.
You look PERFECT, not to big, not too little, just PERFECT for you and baby. :)
Post a Comment