This weekend a sweet student's Mother who is also a photographer came over to take Austin's 3 month pictures. Earlier in the week I looked all over for the perfect outfits that were not too stuffy, modern (I do not do the Ed Hardy baby look) and all boy. I thought we had found the perfect outfits and I was feeling super confident because not only were these outfits adorable, I also brought Austin to the mall with me to buy them and had not just survived but we thrived. No breakdowns to be seen. Amazing. Anyway, Saturday morning rolls around and I check my email around 11:30 (pictures are at 1:30). The photographer emailed me at 11:00 PM the night before and gave us some suggestions on what WE should wear. WE??? How had I not thought of us? She said we should somehow coordinate and attempt to wear solids. Umm....Then she says we will start taking pictures in Austin's diaper cover. WHAT? Diaper cover? I don't have a diaper cover. With now less than 2 hours I decided I could maybe get all of this done. I got dressed and ran to go shopping. I know I said I didn't have clothes, but I was also running low on make up, hair products, pretty much everything else. I ran to Target because I thought I could maybe buy everything in one place. I moved like the wind. Make up? Check. 2 new shirts and new jeans (that I even tried on)? Check. I even bought cleaning products and some other "must haves" all with in 25 minutes. I was on fire and just knew I could pay then make it to the Factory to buy an overpriced diaper cover at The Little Cottage. I got up to pay for said items and it happened... I left my wallet in the diaper bag which of course was at home....The day before we went shopping for the adorable outfits I had all 1,000 items of Austin's you need to leave so I put my stuff in the diaper bag as well and being in such a hurry to leave, I didn't check my purse and I was left with literally squat. All of that whizzing around and feelings of successful were for nothing. Feeling defeated I went home and thought I could possibly go back but finally decided to just make something work Tim Gunn style with what we already had. The photographer was a little late so we just skipped the diaper cover pictures and all ended well. We haven't gotten the pictures back but I will post asap! I've definitely learned that this baby brain stuff does exist and am waiting for my real brain to return any. day. now. That happens, right? Lie to me if not.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment