Monday, July 18, 2005

Just another manic Monday

Ahh a new week: a time to set goals and start off on the right foot...ahh lets face it.. a time to be really tired b/c none of us slept enough this weekend and we need a weekend to recover from the weekend...

On to *Natalie's News"

this week's special segment:
*Focus on the Family*
Note this will be a reoccurring segment every Monday.
Ben (fifth from the left on the back row counting the coach) is an amazing sixteen-year-old upcoming junior who attends Ravenwood High School. This summer has been an amazing and life changing for Ben. He has traveled to many exciting places and remained steadfast to his recovering and pursuit of his baseball goals. This week is another step in the pursuit to play during college. Ben and his friend Austin arrived at the University of Kentucky baseball camp yesterday. This is very exciting b/c Ben will be able to stay in a dorm and live some of college life! Let's all hope and pray he will do his best and still become a rebel like it is in his heart and soul to do! Hotty Toddy!

Ben will be travelling to Europe with our amazing uncle, Ray Kemper and our talented and newly graduated cousin Carly. I can only imagine the stories and weight they will bring back with them after weeks in Europe under the guidance and wisdom that is Ray Kemper.

*Weekend Recap*
I won't go into much detail about the nights b/c you can check earlier blogs (as if you haven't read them already! Ha) However Sunday proved to be a challenging but in the end we made it an enjoyable day. So it appears that because of reasons beyond our control, the moving process was expedited and Rebecca and I spent a lot of the day huffing and puffing with all of her belongings to the new apartment. After the move, we relaxed in the apartment that contains furniture and pleasantly resembles a summer beach house. We chilled with a great drink of coconut rum! Don't tell anyone! So for the next two weeks I will be living by myself and it is so weird coming out of my room and seeing a vacant apartment and nothing in Rebecca's room. I was thinking about how funny it must look, however this may be an upcoming reality when I move to a bigger city with no money!!!

After that I went over to the apartment with furniture again and watched celebreality on VH1 with Rebecca, Gordon, and Tangy. This was fun but I have to say I was still stressed that Gordon had not finished his thesis that is due tomorrow and he was watching sub par reality programs. I know that Hulk Hogan is an American icon, and I don't want to offend anyone by criticizing his parenting skills, but I was very unimpressed by the way he blatantly treated his daughter Brooke (pictured) and his son, Nick so differently. In the last episode, Brooke wanted to go on a date w/ an older college boy and Hulk installed a tracking devise so he could follow them. Nick is two years younger than Brooke and is able to drive (he's only 14) and see his girlfriend Ashley all the time. Quote from Hulk to Brooke,"you know why you and your brother are treated differently, you can have a baby and he can't". Honestly not the best message to send to the age demographic that probably watches this show. It’s not bad enough to totally taint the Sunday night special of Celebreatlity, but it did leave a nasty taste in my mouth... yuck

Stay tuned for more upcoming events this week such as:
*Jerk of the week: premiering on Saturday. This will also be a reoccurring segment. Feel free to give me any suggestions.
*Full coverage for the amazing summer of Tom Cruise. My people are talking to his and I hope to have full access to the wedding.
*As stated earlier I will do a focus on the family segment every Monday. It doesn't always have to be mine, let me know if there is a special someone that you would like to be recognized.
* Lastly Count Down to Laguna!!! Party: 8 days! get your beach wear and bod ready!

No comments: