Sunday, July 24, 2005

WEEKEND UPDATE II


Wow this weekend was one not to be missed! The nights were filled with great and exciting company and except for the severe lack of sleep and few too many drinks each night it could not have been more enjoyable!

FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW DOWN:
Friday night started for me w/ a quick shift at the sweatshop. I then picked up a fellow sweatshop worker, Lee and we went to Old Venice with Rebecca, her two great friends from home: Molly and Anna, the famous Grant Gannon, and Travis. Dinner was great and then we went to the Levee. We joined a lot of other friends at the Levee. It is not my favorite bar in the least but we made it fun chilling on the old stage with Shannon,Jessica, Ben Bevil, and John.

After the bar we decided to make a trip to Holly Springs and visit our friend Paul at Grace Land Too. whoa..Please read this section carefully.. if there are small children this might be a good time to remove them from the room. We had no idea what was really in store. We arrive around 1am. Paul comes to the door and we start the tour as normal. He has updated some of his stories and his house is surprisingly clean.. well for Graceland Too. Half way through the tour, John was having some trouble paying attention because of the amazing amount of alcohol he had consumed! He left to go outside and Paul decided to lock him out and not let him back in. John wanted to come back in because he felt that Holly Springs was not the greatest area to be outside hanging out. John begins banging on the door and Paul ignores him b/c he is so focused on the tour. John continues to bang and we suddenly hear a crash...the window has shattered. Paul is not happy.. he begins saying how he has $100,000 in guns and pulls out a small hand gun. WAIT WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Being the little hippie child I am, I freaked out and quickly bolted for the door with all of our friends. Paul tried to get our information and Lee quickly responded with a great alias "John Jones" and gave some altered insurance information. Unfortunately, our tour was cut very short and my opinion that Paul is a harmless crazy man has changed... he is not harmless he certifiable and carries a gun in his pocket.. stay away! PS I would like to give props to Whitney for always having the knowledge of Paul. She has never been a fan and we should have listened to this smart girl. She is from Tupelo the birth place of Elvis. That is something Paul can never say....


Coming home around 3:30 made my day at security check very difficult! 8 o'clock comes very early!

SATURDAY!!!
After working all day Rebecca informs me that we are going to Taylor Grocery in Taylor, MS. The same crew minus Jessica made the trip to Taylor. It was a very muggy night but the company and dining made it completely worth it. Dinner was great. Most of us got the 1/2 filet plate or some variation of that. We were entertained by the great music and the many stories from John. After leaving Taylor we came back to Otown and hung out at Ben's house for a while. Then some people wimped out (you know who you are) and Lee, Travis, and I went out on the square. We went to 208 and just chilled for a while. This was a great place to go b/c Lee could get in and Travis happened to know the bar tender.
After we left the bar we decided to be wedding crashers (I guess I was influenced by the movie.. damn media) and went to a reception on the square. This was probably not the best move and our presence did not last long. I saw a sorority sister Jessica and I thought we were in for free food and drinks. However I did not notice that Travis and Lee were stopped by a drunk friend and were quizzed about their place at the wedding. They were asked who they knew and Lee quickly responded we're w/ the groom! The drunk man asked," well what's his name?" Lee says,"Mark" which is wrong. The drunk friend is not happy and Travis bolts but Lee has to be the mocho man and try to talk to this friend. I decide this is not a good move and we leave the wedding.. Obviously we did not take enough lessons from the movie! After that we took a trip to Toxic Hell (taco bell) and got some late night food..

Once again today was very hard at work... I am finally going to get some sleep but I thought I would leave you with a picture of all of my friends from this weekend... enjoy! With such a fun group like this how you expect anything less that a crazy time.. ha! Signing out, this has been Natalie for Natalie's news.

No comments: