So yes, once again I have let my blogging fall threw the cracks and ignored my adoring public for too long. The new job, car (YES CAR..pictured right) and life has totally overwhelmed me and left little time for blogging. In the bast 4 weeks I have been to 3 beautiful weddings, visited the grove for the Ole M
iss Memphis game, bought a new car, joined a gym, and lived to tell the crazy stories of my first month of teaching. I never thought anything would be as hard as teaching middle school. I leave every day feeling like someone beat me. By 3pm my brain is complete non-functioning mush and my body takes over and somehow forces my legs to walk to the car at 3:45. I waved bye bye to precious optimism and "positive reinforcement" strategies long time ago and am not trying to just make it. The first week I really thought I would not make it until December much less May, but things are improving. Although my diet coke addiction is raging and I've pretty much quit eating or drinking anything with any nutritional value; things are getting better.In other news Oxford is so wonderful in the fall. When I leave work and drive those 23 miles back to Oxford, I remember why I love this small town so much. I am loving being a local and getting to complain about the crazy student drivers and the greek system! Football season has started and Coach Nutt has really shaped up our Rebels. We won our first game to Memphis at home and lost by 2 little points in a heart breaking game to Wa
ke Forrest. Next week we play Samford at home and I am just sure the Rebels will win big time! This is also an exciting time for Oxford because the presidential debate will be here September
27th. I cannot believe the next leader of the free world will be here in Oxford. I really wish I could go, but I'm pretty sure the snipers already gracing the Ole Miss campus will frown upon this. Luckily there are many opportunities for the less fortunate to watch the debate. Friday night there will be a town viewing of the debate right on the square. I am so excited. This is such a wonderful opportunity for America to see the diverse and cultural mecca that is Oxford. Of course there will be many excuses for parties leading up to the debate. For example, my new teacher friend Jessica has already volunteered to have a vice presidential debate party. Since I've become and educator I think I should be responsible and not say who I am supporting. So there... I haven't said a word. Screw it, if McCain wins I will be in need of either a brain transplant so I can happily walk around unaware, or a constant drip of "milk" so yes then again I can walk around unaware. Or maybe the best option will be to move to Switzerland. Chocolate? Good. Alps? Good. Think about it. Well I've already spent enough of my planning period on this, time to go do some fun state required forms. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
ke Forrest. Next week we play Samford at home and I am just sure the Rebels will win big time! This is also an exciting time for Oxford because the presidential debate will be here September
27th. I cannot believe the next leader of the free world will be here in Oxford. I really wish I could go, but I'm pretty sure the snipers already gracing the Ole Miss campus will frown upon this. Luckily there are many opportunities for the less fortunate to watch the debate. Friday night there will be a town viewing of the debate right on the square. I am so excited. This is such a wonderful opportunity for America to see the diverse and cultural mecca that is Oxford. Of course there will be many excuses for parties leading up to the debate. For example, my new teacher friend Jessica has already volunteered to have a vice presidential debate party. Since I've become and educator I think I should be responsible and not say who I am supporting. So there... I haven't said a word. Screw it, if McCain wins I will be in need of either a brain transplant so I can happily walk around unaware, or a constant drip of "milk" so yes then again I can walk around unaware. Or maybe the best option will be to move to Switzerland. Chocolate? Good. Alps? Good. Think about it. Well I've already spent enough of my planning period on this, time to go do some fun state required forms. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
It's about time you got back on here! And you thought nobody was reading it... New car, joined a gym, griping about work, I think you're officially a grown-up now. Ain't it grand? :P
Keep 'em coming....
Love the new car! Congrats!
Post a Comment