
Today I greet you as novice music teacher (all of my paper work etc says MRS) The first day of employment as an adult has gone fairly well. The lack of air conditioning in my room has been the only setback. Although the 110 degree weather of summers in Mississippi may sound miserable, I'm hoping that all the sweat will make me skinny in one day. I started the day with a meeting in the cafeteria with all of the teachers and s
taff here at the junior high. The school is large with over 1200 students and 100 teachers. I was somewhat embarrassed when I arrived at school though because I was extremely overdressed. Apparently I missed the casual memo that everyone else received. I wore black slacks, very high heals and a
slingy black and blue top. Looking around the sea of t-shirts and shorts made me totally stick out as the new kid but I decided to just go with it and it would be far worse to be under dress

ed, right? After some coffee the administration introduced themselves and then all of the new teachers. I hate to admit it but I still squirm at the first day of classes during class or this time teacher roll. I
truly love my last name but I always have a twinge of fear that others will make fun of me. Of course this was not the case however I expect there to be some reaction on Thursday when students arrive. Somewhat of an odd profession for me to pursue with such an interesting last name! Well that is all for now, I have some weekend update and focus on the family blogging to attend today later, hopefully that will be accomplished today but I need to get back to some work. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
Miss Bottoms,
Best of luck on your new job!!
I always enjoy Natalie's News.
Post a Comment