r Ms. Rebecca Bertrand on Sunday! WOW. Last night I should have stayed home and work but I did not. My teacher friend Jessica hosted a debate party for the Biden/Palin debate. As I arrived at her house I knew it would be a memorable night. There were red, white and blue balloons on the mailbox and life size cut out of Joe Biden as you walked in. Joe was so kind he would pose with everyone. Jessica went all out for this party; very hip Martha Stewa
rt. Somehow she found Jill Biden's recipe for Joe's favorite cookie and made these huge chocolate oatmeal cookies! So good! Then she found out his favorite food was pasta so Jessica made this great pasta, salad and rosemary bread! She also served BLUEtinis and Bluemoon beer. It was so cute. As we left we were all given goody bags filled with homemade donkey cookies, Obama/Biden stickers and other fun things. I have not received a goody bag since a birthday party at the skate center circa 1995. It really had been too long. The attendees of this party were also very posh. Jessica's husband Paul is a lawyer in Oxford and I met several other lawyers and such. Most importantly though I met the stand in for Barack Obama at the presidential debate. He has totally become a local celebrity and well of course we hit it off right away. After several glasses of the blue drink we all decided we should go to DC for the inauguration... we shall see.
In other news, like I said before mother Michelle and I are giving Ms. Rebecca Bertrand a bridal shower this weekend. Really, Michelle is doing most of the work but it is at my house. I am getting a little nervous because my house is an upgrade from the previous house but it is still modest. Rebecca invited several "socialites" from Oxford and I am a little nervous about having them in my tiny place. Hopefully they do not mind sitting very closely... we'll just say cozy, that's sounds better, right? Whatever the case, I am so excited to see mother Michelle. I have not seen her in so long and I am so excited to show her the new additions in my life: like the car, cat, new house etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment