s and finally yesterday I just could not do it anymore... I needed a break! I began thinking that surely others felt the same frustration. Of course we are concerned.. big time concerned, but maybe it is just the way I deal with things but I thought we could all use some humor about our gloomy times..maybe in the form of a top 10 list... so here goes.Top ten reasons having a depression is not really all that bad...
10) If you're a recent college grad you do not have to change your quality of living.. keep on being poor.
9) The generation that were children during the Depression 1 and soldiers during WWII are called the Greatest Generation. My generation has been called many things: quiet, apathetic, etc. Now we can be called the greatest generation to be spoiled rotten and then flat broke.


8) Everyone can get very skinny. (potential conversation) Girl 1: Hey Girl 2, you look skinny what are you doing? Jenny Craig? Weight Watchers? South Beach? (Girl 2 answers) No way Girl 1, I'm on the depression diet! Its super great, my boyfriend just LOVES these results.
7)More (forced) quality time at home with family.

6)The US will become super green because we will not be able to afford gas.
4)Canning food will become popular again... and really... it has been out for too long.
3)People will HAVE to listen to us when we're old because we made it out of the Depression II alive.
2) Being in a depression is such a valid excuse for everything. Saying no to people selling girl scout cookies, light bulbs, knives, insurance etc will be that much easier. (potential conversation) Child 1 says, "please buy my world's finest chocolates" Girl 2 "Oh I wish I could but we are in a depression and I'm on the depression diet, sorry" or even better...salesman says, "you see it only makes sense that you buy these encyclopedias. They're for the children" Mom says, "Oh I wish we could be we've got the depression".

1) And the number one reason the depression is not all that bad...Obviously with all of the added family time, people will regain interest in the family singalong. I can see it now, everyone will gather around the piano singing the old classics from all of the best musicals. I know Pete and Ben can hardly wait :)
So when you're sad a gloomy like me, just remember there's a lighter side of the economic turmoil...or maybe that's just the denial talking. Whatever the case, have a great day. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

2 comments:
This is a great top 10 list. I can't wait for the family sing-a-long during our Christmas celebration. I'm sure you and Ray will fight over who will lead us!!
Your top ten list got RID of my depression! I love it! We need a modern day sing-a-long... if only Momma Mia was a better movie! I vote for Hairspray or the Producers... we have to have something to sing between playings of Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty, and Oklahoma!
Post a Comment