l of all schools and administrators will do just about anything to get students motivated to do well on the test... now enter humiliation. Due to pressure from previous test scores, my school is under the gun to produce passing test scores so the administration is planning a standardized test pep rally. Yeah, I'm serious. We're supposed to cheer and get excited like we would for our football team but this time they are no cheerleaders and pep band, rather a week of filling in tiny bubbles that the students are supposed to get excited about. They have planned lots of little games and races to get the students involved and even better the teachers! A little birdie told me that there will be a hula hoop competition and yours truly will be involved. Awes
ome. Back in the day I was quite the expert hula hooper but that was circa 1992. Life and my hips have changed quite about since then and I am afraid I will be the laughing stock of the school when my hula hoop goes strait to the floor. I thought about racing to Wal Mart during my planning period, buying a hula hoop and practicing but then I remembered that I was a grown up and a competition at a junior high pep rally for standardized tests is as important as who wins the celebrity apprentice (yes...it is STILL on..what is going on NBC?) . Now my plan is to just go with it and try to wow them with my charm rather my actual "skills". I think I will try to twirl it on my arm and neck and if that doesn't work I'll just jump threw it a bunch of times and look like a psycho for some laughs. Usually works with the hormonal crowd. Or even better, I think my friend to the left has the best idea. Nobody would care what I was doing with the hula hoop if I was wearing that...well possibly my bosses or would be known as ex bosses might have a little something to say about it. Oh well, wish me luck. Best case scenario: I get hurt with the hula hoop and get to claim worker's comp for the rest of the year. Just kidding...well not really kidding at all.I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment