Thursday, May 07, 2009

there she is

So this is super shallow but I'm not gonna lie, I love a good beauty pageant controversy. Nothing gets me going better than a faux purity princess that lives a double life, ahh what drama! Not even the folks at lifetime could make this stuff up. Of course I'm talking about Ms. California 2009, Carrie Prejean (pictured right). First of all she is gorgeous with a rocking bod, beautiful hair and an engaging smile, so we are required to stare at the beauty and unfairly the world waits for her to mess up. Oh and mess up she has. After the USA pageant I was confused and sympathetic. First I was confused why the Miss USA pageant was still on the air. Who watches this?! After the blunder with Tara Conner's( pictured left) drug controversy (remember.. small town girl from KY came to the big apple and engaged in unlady like activities and the Donald gave her a second chance and that started the famous Rosie/Donald feud) a couple of years ago, I thought the pageant lost the twinge of validity it had. Secondly I slightly sympathized with the beauty queen because she merely told the truth instead of being PC and everyone was so outraged. Perez Hilton was so rude on his blog and it seemed some people were just rootless about her views. Although I do not agree with Ms. California, this is America and she is free to express herself. But then media went nuts and she became Sarah Palin (Palin pictured as a former beauty queen right) in training and I vomited in my mouth a little bit. Folks everywhere praised her and she became the hot conservative, possible of everything, even saving the Republican party. Finally a new face of the elephants was someone young, hot and conservative. I heard folks praising the beauty queen even speculating that she could be the first woman president, but uh oh, one problem. Thedirty.com has uncovered some old scandalous photos showing the moral wonder in some less than holy photographs. The pictures have been everywhere and so once again another media blitz has surrounded the conservative princess. As a responsible journalist (bwahaha) I googled the pictures and they are racy for a "role model" but you can't see anything more than one could in a Victoria's Secret catalog. Only problem, a couple of days ago she swore to TMZ (who check and recheck their facts) that she regretting taking the one photograph and there were no more. Ah, guess she forgot that there are. The sneaky folks at thedirty found another photograph and Nik Ritchie, operator of thedirty promised to slowly roll out all of his incriminating pictures of the beauty queen. Yikes. What can we learn from all this?! Don't take naked pictures, duh. So many other beauty contestants have suffered the same fate from Internet plunders. Remember Miss New Jersey 2008, Amy Polumbo (pictured left)? Her facebook pictures were not set to private and unflattering pictures of her partying got her in big trouble and she ended up defending her crown to Matt Lauer on the Today Show. Ladies, ladies, ladies, do what my Sunday school teacher in 9th grade told us and keep an aspirin between your legs and smile with those crest white smiles...nothing else.


In other news, my big sis Aimee of Houston gave birth to her new bundle of joy Benny yesterday. Both her and the baby are said to be doing well. This brings me to my next chapter in the quarter life crisis. Holy Lord God people my age are having babies. No longer are "parents" the people that birthed my generation, no they ARE my generation. I suspect in the next couple of years some of my friends will ask to bring their children to our social events...omg. Conversations are going to begin centering around the varying colors of poop and snot of their precious children. If any of my friends are parents like Simon and Alex (pictured right) on New York's housewives I will probably up my dosage of lexi to deal with the Francoises and Johannes of the world. I'm not trying to say I'm against children, just against many children being in my presence for extended periods of time. No, I think having little chaps around will be fun at times, I've just still got to have my social outings sans children some of the time.

Well I should go back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day... and remember no nudi pics :) For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Beauty pageant scandals are the best. My favorite was the Vanessa Williams 'lesbian photo shoot' after she became the first black Ms. America and was stripped of her crown.

I think Donald is going to strip Ms. Prejean of her crown and she will become Rush Limbaugh's co-host.
Ray