Thursday, July 01, 2010

Some ratings

As a newly married couple P and I are attempting to do things together that we both enjoy. Who would have any idea that a girl who loves to sing and dance and watch reality tv has a difficult time finding similar hobbies with a guy who loves to hunt, fish, and be all up in nature. Oddly I don't love going to the movies. Maybe it's the 30 minutes of previews, how ridiculously expensive it is, sitting still for too long, or how playing on my iphone is frowned upon. Whatever the reason, I rarely look forward to going to the movies. P on the other hand loves going to the movies. He could go once a week at least. Since we've moved back we have only seen two movies and P decided we just had to go so we went and saw Grownups yesterday. We got there at the last matinee times to enjoy the cheaper rate and shamefully snuck in some "sauce" to mix in with the expensive diet coke. (Yes, judge me if you must but the only other time I've done this was in college was when we snuck in wine in our water bottles. Also remember that I'm on summer break and don't usually get to do cool stuff like that... but if you still disapprove just deal) So anyway, yeah we are there watching all 800 of the previews and I'm sitting there already wanting to leave. No, we are doing stuff together...blah blah blah Grownups starts and I'm really ready for some great laughs. Well, I kept waiting. I thought Grownups was going to be a cute movie, but we were greatly disappointed. The movie had promise, an awesome cast, lots of weirdos, etc but no go. It was cheesy, boring, and not worth the $30.00 spent. Rating: C (like the kind of C you give out for a kid that you really want to pass)

In other news... I came, I divided, I conquered... I finally finished my wedding thank you letters (insert Hallelujah chorus here). I tried to do them in stages so I don't get arthritis in my 20s (and I'm pretty sure my insurance wouldn't cover that) which would greatly impact my texting and wine drinking hand. No matter what you do your hand ends up feeling like it will fall off at any moment. Not trying to really hate on the thank you cards. I love the thank you card, I love the tradition, I like getting them, and I even like writing them. I was so afraid of leaving someone out but I'm proud to say that we made lists, cross-checked those lists multiple times and then made a final list of the thank you cards we sent. Oh yeah, OCD at it's finest. I wish I could say this was a green practice but no, no not at all. Everything about the practice is totally wasteful but I have to admit I totally judge those who do not send thank you cards. I do, it's not right, but blame it on my southern roots, but I rank not sending thank you cards up there with forgoing gray roots, stealing from children, and voting for Sarah Palin. Tragic.

This weekend will be very exciting celebrating the 4th. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

RBert said...

WHOA thank you diva.....so proud of you!

Maybe you can help Bethenny and Jason with theirs.