Thursday, December 01, 2011

I'm just gonna say it.

I am seriously afraid to say this.

I think I'm going to jinx something.

I know there are some issues that aren't perfect.

And I know I have a lot to do and things to improve for next year...

but it is safe to say...

at this moment...I LOVE MY JOB.

I really, really love my job.

Tonight we had our Holiday choir concert and my wonderful choir performed so well and then they gave me flowers and a massage. A MASSAGE?!?!

These kids are so wonderful and I love working where I do! I have never had a job that I actually enjoyed and it feels really wonderful.

And can we reiterate...? A MASSAGE?

I think back to this time last year when I was wishing every single day was a snow day and felt a good day was when a child didn't throw food at me.
ummm it's official. I. love. my. job.

1. Run a half-marathon.


2. Decorate our guestroom with items that are not college leftovers.

3. Find a bathing suit that I love and feel good wearing.

4. Find a charity that I like and donate some time/money/etc.

5. Go on a really fun weekend anywhere with my Mom.

6.Learn how to make 5 really good cocktails.

7. Learn to really, really, really love my Dad's beer.

8. Buy a nice piece of art.

9. Learn how to grill.

10. Do a pull up.

11. Learn how to make lemon icebox and lemon meringue pie...

12. Find a new brunch place with a great group of friends.

13. Enjoy the holidays.

14. Do one of those painting/drinking nights with friends.

15. Read a book for pleasure at least once a month. ( I used to be good at this but lately I have fallen way off the bandwagon)

16. Grow tomatoes.

17. Throw P a really fun/stylish/blog-worthy 30th bday party.

18. Grow herbs (and cook with them!)

19. Love my job!

20. Visit Ray and Robin in Seattle.

21. Find a skin product routine that I like/can afford/will stick to.

22. Try some cheese and see if I still don't like them.

23. Join a new club/organization.

24. Learn how to make crepes.

25. Go to Napa Valley.

26. Own a wardrobe that I'm proud of.

27. Buy Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and make something in it.

28. Recycle. (omg, shame...shame, shame!)

29. Whiten my teeth.

30. Take a photography class.

31. Watch Ben graduate and celebrate B-I-G.

For Natalie's News this has been...someone who loves her job for the first time...well ever, Natalie-Corinne.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I am pleased as punch you love your job and those kiddos are lucky to have such a talented teacher. Enjoy that massage, well deserved.

RBert said...

yes! and a massage. double bonus.

Ray said...

You're living in a episode of GLEE. Please invite me for the Lady Gaga and Britney episodes.. and of course the Julie Andrews tribute

Natalie Corinne said...

OBVI... I talk about Julie all the time. The kids know if they want to get me off task just start talking about her... she is so glorious.