Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Magic Bullet

Ben and I used to watch infomercials constantly. It came to a point where we would know every word to certain ones, most importantly the Magic Bullet. Seriously, we would make fun of the "plot" and especially our friend Hazel, the quirky maid. (I don't know if she was supposed to be the maid... definitely had that blue collar thing going for her, I'm just trying throw the old girl a bone since she's perfectly okay running around her in gown and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. Maybe the gown was some kind of maid's uniform? Just go with it)
Although at times I find infomercials really insulting because they show extremely basic, everyday tasks as way too difficult for anyone to easily accomplish. I am often frustrated because 99% of the time (I just made that statistic up) the commercials show women bumbling around like complete idiots finding back breaking tasks like putting on a blanket, chopping an onion or cooking a dinner for your family that has the same odd, half moon shape. All of these tasks and many more were way too difficult to manage without the aid of this completely plastic devise that somehow the world has functioned without until now.
But now we're on this New Years resolution kick (lifestyle change!) and needed a new blender. Obviously this was my chance to buy the coveted magic bullet. As much as I've made fun of these things, I've really wanted one. Today was my chance and I marched myself into Bed Bath and Beyond (with the rest of cool springs!) and bought one WITH  20% coupon. BAM! Of course I immediately took a picture and text Ben and received the hilarious text back (pictured above).

Literally the second I got home I dug into this bad boy (directions are for losers) and made a banana and strawberry smoothie that was delicious and nutritious (okay, promise to not watch the infomercial again, I'm even annoying myself).
The only downside is the lack of this free, never before seen on television bonus offer of a heart-shaped pancake mold that was first given for the first 100 callers back in the day. Seriously this almost sealed the deal for me so many times (how was it the first 100 callers for five years in a row?). I kept thinking oh how cute will heart-shaped pancakes be... (you know for the once every 5 years I make pancakes).

If this whole thing works out I am determined to become on the testimonials for the Magic Bullet. I strive to be the Southern representative that uses adverbs correctly, has all of her teeth, and never mentions anything of a dog or the hollar.

We shall see. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.


4 comments:

Shari Bac said...

Sam asked for a Bullet 2 years ago and uses it all the time! I believe it was after a summer of watching infomercials. HA!

Shari Bac said...

Sam asked for a Bullet 2 years ago and uses it all the time! I believe it was after a summer of watching infomercials. HA!

Ray said...

I'm sure you are going to get the fantastic Apple Corker and the can't do without boiled egg separater next. Have you gotten the Pajama jeans? They now come in Men's size! Going to buy Ben some!

Natalie Corinne said...

OMG... I didn't know they were in men's sizes...I hope I get you in the name drawing next year for Christmas! It is so on!