Friday, January 13, 2012

SNOW DAY!

After a such a mild winter I was beginning to believe we would never get one of those beautiful, coveted snow days. Remember last year when we got 10 days off from school? I already accepted that wasn't going to happen and was actually really okay with it. Now I feel glad to go to work and am not waking up in the middle of the night panicking about the next day. Last year I believe God made those snow days possible only for me because I was just a few small steps from some sort of supervised home. (okay, I realize that God did not provide entire states with snow just for me, but it's a nice thought and who can really disprove it?) 

Disclaimer: Nashville looks nothing like this.
This year I am knee deep in musical land and getting ready for festival. Any high school music teacher knows these are super stressful times and since I've never done either (shh..trying to keep that on the DL) I feel overwhelmed a lot. There are so many late nights, extremely busy days and a ridiculous amount of paperwork that I'm always afraid I'll do incorrectly. So as much as I'm loving this new job and just continually hoping I'm doing well enough and can keep it up, I was overjoyed with this snow day. Those beautiful snowflakes started falling from the sky and covered (uhh hummm lightly dusted) our city and the madness took over. Via facebook I learned Kroger was a mess and while being glued to local news waiting for my county to be called I learned that everyone must have temporary blackouts while driving in the snow because folks seem to be bumper carring to get home.

Since I have been insanely busy our food selection in the house consists of salad dressing and 100 calorie popcorn bags. I really needed (eh, still need) to get groceries but the insane bread/eggs/milk frenzy kept me away and I dined on the world's finest oatmeal for dinner. Whatever, sitting here drinking coffee and watching the Today show makes this insane week seem so worth it. After this 8th cup of coffee I plan to go to the gym and spend this unexpected day off with my Mom! What could be better?

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: