New Years Eve is always such a stressful situation. There is always such a huge expectation to have the funnest night of your life. I always think it doesn't matter but yesterday I was out with the crazies finding the perfect earrings and getting my nails done. My first conscience memory of knowing I should have a really fun New Years was when I was 6 years old. Our neighbor Ashley and all 3 of her sisters were wearing dresses and had real confetti to ring in the New Year. She said they were going to stay up to midnight (whoa...unheard of) and throw the glittery confetti. I came home a little jealous of their fabulous party plans. I told Mom and she quickly gave me some dress up dress and we tore up construction paper to make confetti. I think we stayed up and Ben kept yelling, "happy new near" and we had so much fun. Later I remember talking to neighbor Ashley and she didn't even stay up and ring in the new year. Lame. Perhaps that was her first introduction to an over hyped new year.
Last year we moved into our house and had people over. Literally 20 minutes before the ball dropped P got the tv to work and we watched everyone celebrate in times square. Although we were so happy to be moved into our own house and had fun with our best friends this year we decided to get out of the house! After what seemed like a million ideas we decided to go to Puckett's of the square in Franklin, TN.
We had dinner and listened to a Beatles cover band called The Wanna Beatles. They were really cute and dinner was great but I have to say we were about 30 years below the average age. We thought we would get dressed up, there would be dancing, etc, and this was not the case. The girls arrived in style in the back of a friend's truck (no seriously we did). We were all excited, bubbly, (loud) and as we walked into the restaurant we realized...whoa, this is a bit more of a mature crowd that we anticipated.
Needless to say, we brought the party. The boys arrived by foot a bit later and we entertained the bartender and the fellow baby boomers. Somehow the band was unaware that the ball would drop thus bringing in the new year (uh humm the entire point of NYE) and was playing their little Beatles hearts out. Luckily we were stalking the Dick Clark special (omg, he is completely orange) and started the countdown for the entire bar. You're welcome.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments:
Post a Comment