So I'm a little late about this but last weekend we celebrated my first Mother's Day. The weekend was really busy but nice. Sunday morning I got up and visited my Mom's grave. Although I was happy to celebrate Mother's Day as a new Mom, of course this was a difficult day too because it reminded me even more than normal of how much I miss that amazing lady. I wanted to take Austin there because he had not been there with me yet but it was during his wonderful long morning nap so I didn't wake him and just went by myself. As I was leaving, I passed Philip's car who had brought Austin to meet me after he woke up :) Very sweet! There was also this extremely country man who looked like Santa in overalls who would not stop talking to me there and it was so awkward. When we got home I got him all dressed up and we met Sharon and Ashley at Boxwood Bistro for a delicious brunch where we endured the diaper fiasco. Later Dad came over and hung out with us for a while and we snapped some of these.
We also had our 3 year anniversary coming up and forever ago we decided to go to the Killers concert and dinner to celebrate. I had no idea it was Mother's Day weekend so we double booked holidays and asked Sharon to "work" on her special day. Whoops. She was gracious enough to come over and watch Austin so we were able to go out.
Before we left to celebrate 3rd anniversary/ Mother's Day.
We waited forever for the Killers to come out and we soon realized how old we are. Egh, how old we feel. I mean I think even the best 22 year old would be tired getting up every morning at 5 while also taking care of an infant!
Surprise guest Brad Paisley. The killers were so good and actually played a lot of their hits and didn't bore by promoting a new album. Fun times and a wonderful anniversary. Of course whenever you hit any birthday/anniversary, etc. it causes you to look back. In our time together we've moved 3x, started 3 new jobs, both lost a parent, had a baby, and managed to still love being together. Here's to 3,000 more years :)
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corrinne.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corrinne.
2 comments:
I thought about you SO much on Mother's Day, knowing that you were so excited that it was your first, but also missing your own mom and wanting to share the day with her. Bittersweet for sure. Love you.
thanks Shari. It was bittersweet but still nice. I think that's how everything will be now :)
Post a Comment