I'm not going to lie, this one hit me like a ton of bricks. How in the world is this child 5 months old? I don't understand!!! How can time be going this dang fast? There are days that literally feel like years and crying spells that would send the strongest of men to the hills but then poof, 5 months have passed and your new born is doing all kinds of new tricks and becoming less and less baby. I hate it. Well, love/hate it. I tell him all the time that I wish he would stop growing but then I'm afraid of some Tom Hanks voodoo/ reverse Big syndrome happening where he doesn't grow, so obviously I have to audibly tell the spirits listening that I'm just kidding.
In other news, perhaps it's time for this mom to start spending more time with adults.
On to the five month pictures. I cannot get this boy to smile for the camera. He smiles at silly songs, noises, when Daddy pretends to rap about baby things (yes, we are already attempting to embarrass him) weird animals, and everything under the sun, but a camera? We just stare in wonder. We have our professional 6 month photos in 2 weeks (she could only do them on July 15th or in September... my ocd sign is flipping out b/c he will clearly only be 5.5 months, but this will be our secret!) and I do not know how she will be able to get this little one to smile with the camera in front of him, but she better :)
These picture are getting harder and harder. He is such a wiggle worm and so wanting to move on his own. Just today he rolled over from back to front. I couldn't believe it. He rolled over and then started looking around like he wanted out of this joint. Omg, baby proofing.
This month was big for teething and we are all about putting anything and everything in our mouth! Including this adorable tie sticker.
This might be my favorite picture ever. Let me know how you really feel about these photo shoots, hon.
Really into feet.
The teeth! The ones on top are starting to come in, too. You cannot see them but you can barely feel them. Our angel night sleeper was interupted this month. 2 nights in a row he got up. every. hour. I thought I was going to have a meltdown. You expect little sleep when they're newborns but once you've conquered the sleeping through the night situation, any hiccup is met with war. How dare teeth interrupt my sleep? We've gotten used to this glorious schedule, come hell or high water, we will sleep again. Which we did.
He was so wiggly on his seat, I put him on the floor to try some pics, this was thwarted quickly because all he wanted to do was chew on the blanket.
That's a pottery barn, embroidered blanket, son. I don't think so.
Some other firsts: He started eating organic, brown, rice cereal last week after I wasted many hours of my life searching the best ones that contained the least amount of arsenic. (yeah, rice cereal contains arsenic, not that you didn't have enough going on. So does apple juice, cheers!) I'll blog more about that later.
He has really started moving around a lot more on his tummy. He will turn himself around in his crib quite a bit and has started leaning and trying to move wherever he wants to go. Austin has also begun grabbing at everything. I have a sneaking suspicion that my dangly earring and long hair days are about to be few.
Austin still sleeps in a swaddle. The kid loves it, we joke that he will go to college in it. Can you imagine the random roommate who is like "oh are you comfortable swaddling me"? I've tried doing the one arm out stuff, but then he was teething and starting new foods, and it never has felt like the right time because whenever we leave one hand out he doesn't sleep well and ends up hitting himself in the head over and over and leaving scratches. I'm thinking of not stopping the swaddle until his 6 month pictures are taken. Yeah, I'm that vain, deal.
The little boy is really so. much. fun. I can't believe I only have one more month off with him, I feel like we're just now getting our summer stride down. His smile every morning makes my day and I can't imagine him getting any bigger, but these things do happen.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment