Sunday, July 17, 2005

Two Thumbs way up


*Natalie's News*

Last night we cast our sails in the California love boat to the big metropolis of Tupelo. Our destination, a little up the road was dinner and a movie with 4 amazing girls: Rebecca, Ally, Shannon, and me, Natalie, "the girl in the mural". With a crazy group like this you had to know an amazing and quirky night was in store.

*Our first stop on the extravaganza was O'Charleys. If you've ever wondered, who the huge mural of the blonde girl was as you enter O'Charleys, we are here to put your questions aside. After consulting three employees and getting no sufficient answer, we decided that me; Natalie resembled the most the girl in the mural. At first this was offensive b/c Shannon had earlier stated that they should have picked someone more attractive to display in the mural's prime location. Then I realized she was moderately attractive (i.e. probably not cut from all houses first round of rush) and I didn't look exactly like her. Just maybe a cousin and you were drunkenly squinting across the room. I also realized this could catapult my singing career and I should take any kind of publicity offered. So... we told people it was me and it got Rebecca and Ally free drinks. Dr. Pepper.. diet for Rebecca. The meal was a success: Everyone said the bread was amazing.. I think Ally ate the most of them but then again who is counting... I had one bite.. I cheated a little but I think it was an amazing display of self control. Rebecca had a gourmet black and bleu salad: only down fall was she was unaware that it had bacon: "I'm not a bacon girl" R. Bert. Shannon enjoyed a lovely bed of pasta with seafood. The colors of the seafood really made the dish aesthetically pleasing. Ally had a house salad with ranch dressing then a french dip sandwich. She needed more sauce... finally I had the only low carb option, buffalo wings. Not breaded! They were enjoyable, but it is hard to eat them in front of people w/o getting messy. If I were on a real date, I would not have ordered them...oh I also got extra celery!
*On to the movie*

If you only get one chance to see a summer movie, hands down, Wedding Crashers should be it! FYI Barnes Crossing does not take credit cards Ally... The movie started kind of questionable b/c of the rank smell coming from the less than mediocre upkeep of the theatre. However once we all got used to the musk, the movie was more enjoyable. It started a montage of weddings that Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn crashed. I don't think any of us have laughed that hard in a long time. Hey boys, you will like the frontal nudity of many of the bride's maids, but it is not enough boobs to discourage your parents (maybe not your grandparents, especially the one's with the heart conditions) from going to see it.

Owen Wilson was a total hottie in this movie.. wowza! Rebecca notes, "he is a Texan" in typical elitist style...

Vince Vaughn's character was a little insane but hilarious, his antics really made the movie. One should really see this movies several times, who knew Vince could talk so quickly. As one joke occurred, laughter began and some jokes were never even heard....
*Girl's reaction to the movie*
All the girls in the theater and the ones on this particular outing loved Wedding Crashers. Former DM editor Laura Houston saw the movie and also enjoyed it. I think that's all we need to say...
THE LAUGHTER
Oh Rebecca... Rebecca has many different laughs, some whole hearted some kinda yelpish and on occasion a snort may come out. Last night all were in play. While Rebecca was gasping for air, she over heard the teenyboppers behind commenting not only on the movie, but her array of laughs. "When is she gonna snort again?" said teenybopper no. 1. Because of the comments on her laughter, Rebecca kept laughing even during the rare serious moment of the movie.
All in all the movie was a must see and luckily Christopher Walken was not too scary! Ps. Dr. Quinn has an amazing rack.. You’ll see!
The only confusing aspect of last night was the "present" I think left my our neighbor's secret dog outside of our front door... not cool whoever left it.. not cool

Moving on to another summer sensation: Laguna Beach season two premiers on the 25th. It should be amazing. I should warn you NOT to watch it though b/c our last 3-6 Mafia summer series party will be on the 26th at 9:30pm. All should be receiving a facebook invitation soon!

The separation began prematurely last night and will continue today... I am not happy about this at all. The 3-6 Mafia has been an amazing time and I was not really to let go of it this soon. The divorce I’ve got to say was somewhat ugly. R.bert has started moving her stuff but don't worry we still im each other...
Well that is all for now! Have a great Sunday everyone...
*OH I ALMOST FORGOT:

Last night in a drunken stupor, Travis Llwellyn drunk dialed me and asked repeatedly if I thought he had cute butt. I told him I would blog about it and ask people to comment on his butt. Here you go Travis this one's for you!

Parts of this article was contributed by Rebecca-Noel Bertrand

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat, jane is more than dr quin ok. she will always be "Solitare" the young, virgin tarot card reader from 1973's Live And Let Die to me. Roger Moore's first outing as James Bond and jane's first major role. she is beautiful in that movie.

Best Seymore quote in LALD
Jane- "is there time before we leave for lesson number 3? (sex)"
Bond- "Of course, there's no sense in getting off half cocked"