Moving day is finally here! Ready or not, by sun up everything has to be out of Turtle Creek and into the new house on the east side of lovely Oxford! Yesterday I received the keys from my sweet landlord and Claire and I quickly loaded up trucks and began our move but our goals were halted when the biggest storm of the summer hit Oxford. It rained all night and we were unable to unpack anything else. This morning I got up with the sun and took a load by myself before work and will take another during lunch time. My goal is to have most of the boxes already moved so my wonderful friends only have to move all my furniture. The weather report is somewhat questionable for tonight. There is a 30% chance of rain so please pray, send positive thoughts, meditate, etc for good weather, patience and fun during our move. Ann Marie and I were up much of the night finishing last minute details and I'm sure we will be busy
all tonight too."Have a little help from my friends" Right on Joe Crocker. I am getting more than a little help from
my friends this weekend. Wonderful friends and fellow Episcopalians have graciously offered to help move my belongings tonight after work. Because of "payment complications" (ie I'm broke) I could not afford the high price of movers and am totally dependent on the kindness of my gracious friends. Attorney Kevin Frye (pictured left), choral secretary Janna Montgomery and English P.H.D. student Mr. Travis Montgomery (pictured right with Dr. Trott) are kindly helping me move today after work. We will begin promptly at 5:30 pm and hopefully
be finished in time for Mexican and milk (ha Kevin). Seeing the cute colors and details of the new house made me really excited about moving and decorating. But crisis soon reared its ugly head. I realized how dependent on technology I have become because we will be without tv or Internet (ahhh) for several days. What will I do? Also... another low blow. Yesterday I noticed that my cell phone.. my lifeline to the outside world did not receive service at the new house. What in world will I do? I plan to run to the At&t store and beg them to change the coverage, towers, whatever to include me in the joy of communication. With all this being said, if I am mia for a while it is not because I do not enjoy the
company of others it is only because I am lost in the black hole of loneliness on Garfield Ave. Okay, so a little dramatic but I may not be around much.FOCUS ON THE FAMILY!
Uncle and uncle in law of the year, Ray and Robin (pictured left with dog Peanut) attended the George Michael concert (Peanut did not attend) and did me proud singing loudly to every word! We jointly decided that in this economic hardship needed new leadership. Although many people claim tha
t Obama and Hillary are the answer, we decided the real dream team would be Madonna and George...Obviously America's wardrobe would be instantly revived and the South beach diet and yoga would solve our nation's health crisis.In other news brother Ben (pictured right with Uncle Ray) is FINA
LLY leaving Kansas City. His team has enjoyed much success which means that the all star shortstop has had to continue residing in the Midwest. The last two games he could possibly plan in are today. If his team loses today he will leave immediately following the game and travel to St. Louis to stay with cousins Lindsay and Carly (pictured left...I suggest stocking up on food girls). If his team wins and they have to play another game he will spend the night and then leave early Saturday morning and make the trip in one day. Ben is so anxious to get back down to Dixie and enjoy being spoiled by his wonderful parents. We all wish him safe travels :)Well it is time to wrap it up. I am sure this weekend will be full of work, sweat, and tears moving in. Well lets hope not tears. The weekend update will be up as soon as possible as soon as I'm connected with the outside world again. Everyone have a wonderful and safe weekend! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
i have an intellectual crush on Travis! He knows everthing.
btw...this is clay logged in as kely
Post a Comment