t to keep up and make it through the day. With these challenges I feel like I am constantly telling myself, "two days until Friday, one day until Friday, oh thank God it's Friday, just make it until 3:30pm" and really is this any meaningful way to live life? I am not naive enough to think that one should never think this way but I am getting the gross feeling that sometimes I am wishing life away. So with this depressing logic I am making things to be thankful for during the week, even if they're frustrating, I should find some humor in them. Things that are frustrating
but I should still be thankful for.10. Fox news. Its so jaded it's funny. Really, really funny... especially Shepard Smith. Never do I see a more conservative group of people love a man who is basically in drag because of all the make up he wears. Come on, he is pretty much orange.
9. The forty-one students in my third period class (and it continues to grow) . Sure it is against the law to have that many, but after that class the day seems so much more en
joyable.8. Lawrenceburg, TN. Except for the best family in the entire world I never thought having my roots from there was that cool UNTIL my general music class was watching a documentary on American music and the good ol' burg was featured A LOT! Who knew? I should never have doubted the musical land that created such gifts of songs such as uncle Ray.
7. Caffeine
. My rich history with caffeine has so many chapters. I seriously have compassion for people trying to quit smoking or any other addiction because caffeine is my hard core addiction. During this uncertain economic times I have been trying to cut out unnecessary spending and I added up how much I spent on that magical drink I like to call manna but others call diet coke. It made me want to vomit when I realized how much I was spending on the bubbly mixture. So I quit buying it, but the void of diet coke created head aches and a mood I do not like to admit I have. The front office has coffee and I have switched one addiction for the other. The nice thing about coffee though is that its free in the front office and its warm AND it gives me this little jittery effect after two cups. Probably a little bit like speed but I like it, so maybe its eating my insides a little bit, for right now t
he extra boost it totally worth it. (Obviously I'm on an extreme caffeine high, just took how long I blabbered about it.. whoa killer)6.The alarm clock. Admitted it is the most heinous sound ever, but what if we had nothing to get up for...
5. FWD e-mails. Usually I hate them, I even delete them when others say I will die or have bad luck for 55 years. But recently I have received some surveys that are fun to do when I should be working. Yay.
4. Guilty pleasure television shows: The list of them seem to be growing. Although I have even spoken the words about how it is ruining our society and how certain tv
shows display women in a terrible way, I can't help but love The Girls Next Store and The Hills. Those dramatic girls make my rants seem so much more reasonable.3. Bills. I really can't think of anything positive about bills except that they get paid.
2. Pale skin: I have it and I hear its in again.
And the number one frustrating thing that we should all be thankful for:
1. Well I guess this one is really for me and folks my age. Being in our twenties. Sometimes (more like constantly) I complain about being in an awkward stage and I am s
tuck between college life and what is next, but really we should consider ourselves lucky. When else is it acceptable to go to work all day actually leading children and then drive back to my magical college town where it is perfectly acceptable to start socializing at 5pm and continue during the night? There's not much wrong with that and honestly if it is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
tuck between college life and what is next, but really we should consider ourselves lucky. When else is it acceptable to go to work all day actually leading children and then drive back to my magical college town where it is perfectly acceptable to start socializing at 5pm and continue during the night? There's not much wrong with that and honestly if it is wrong, I don't wanna be right!Have a wonderful weekend and take sometimes to enjoy the unenjoyable! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
What a wonderful Pollyanna you are! This blog was truly inspirational; taking all your frustrations and finding the good in them, a self-induced attitude check, if you will. I am now going to look at my own current frustrations and try to find some good there as well. Thanks for this one.
Love you. Love that pic. Oh, and TGIF!
What a great posting! Only one week until the election. Poll working should be fun, but just don't cause some scandal by directing John McCain supporters to the bathroom stall instead of the voting booth!.... My new bumper sticker: 'Lawrenburgians Forever!'
Post a Comment