Dear God,Please let us have a snow day. Amen
Unfortunately this prayer was not answered and I am at school today. Garth Brook's amous song "unanswered prayers" explains th
e joy and appreciation we should have for unanswered prayers. I do not think ol Garth has 41 six graders for three hours today. It is finals week and we have a block schedule. I have my craziest class for so long and I am consumed with all kinds of temptations that would allow me to leave school. I contemplated all kinds of situations: stubbing my foot on purpose so I would not be able to walk, drinking epitak so I would vomit so
much there would be no way I could come, but alas I came to school. I heard at one time 90% of success was showing up. Well today I'm scoring a 90... at that is all. The kids were as I expected...totally insane. Everything I tried failed. Games would only work for max 5 minutes and the boys would do something crazy. Thank God they are gone and I will not have them for a long time again!
e joy and appreciation we should have for unanswered prayers. I do not think ol Garth has 41 six graders for three hours today. It is finals week and we have a block schedule. I have my craziest class for so long and I am consumed with all kinds of temptations that would allow me to leave school. I contemplated all kinds of situations: stubbing my foot on purpose so I would not be able to walk, drinking epitak so I would vomit so
much there would be no way I could come, but alas I came to school. I heard at one time 90% of success was showing up. Well today I'm scoring a 90... at that is all. The kids were as I expected...totally insane. Everything I tried failed. Games would only work for max 5 minutes and the boys would do something crazy. Thank God they are gone and I will not have them for a long time again! In other news: the holidays are HERE! It has been so fun being consumed with Christmas parties recently. Almost every night last week and every night this week I am booked with a holiday dinner to attend. Obviously not a serious issue but I am beginning to run out of clothes, conversation and CALORIES. (dum dum dum) I am going to work so hard not to gain holiday weight that I fear is hoovering over me. Beginning today I'm working out hard core to counter balance all the recent extra social activities. It is my duty.
Well I am back to work, have a great day! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment