Thursday, February 10, 2011

10!

Today was snow day number 10 and although I did not get to enjoy the free day normally because of my bird flu, I did enjoy not having to take another sick day. Then the day got even better. Parts of middle Tennessee have been declared a natural disaster already. (insert giddy school girl laugh here) Why would I be excited about a natural disaster? Only because that means we wouldn't have to make up snow days! WHOOP! I looked on the metro facebook page and rumors are already flying about the possibility that we might not have to make up all these snow days. I can only imagine this is what winning the lottery or fitting into your skinny jeans everyday must feel like. The mysterious force that controls their facebook page said it is not a guarantee... but the eternal optimist in me just knows that means it's at least a possibility! It's not that I don't want to work, it's just that I really like getting paid when I'm at home not working even more. Honestly, the make up time is a joke anyway. After May 1, middle school consists of movies, odd and humiliating teacher vs student basketball games, often painful talent shows, and of course more movies. They've got to be saving loads (technical data here) of money on electricity, food costs, support staff, water etc on the days were are not there so really aren't we just doing our part to balance the budget if we don't go back? Everyone wins.


For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

RBert said...

yayyyyy!