Monday, February 07, 2011

wide open mouth

So it's happened twice... not just once, twice. I've bragged about my ability to not get sick because I am around kids all the time and my immune system is a solid block. Then some cosmic force gets sick of all the drama in the Middle East and decides to wreck some good old fashioned common cold possibly flu havoc. Prior to this winter I have not been really sick for 3 years...and then I started to brag about it and now every snot nosed, germy, unwashed hand transfers every possible germ into my failing immune system. Even worse I cannot take a sick day. Being the over achiever I've planned a field trip so I have to go to work AND to save money I decided to take the city bus so now we have walk blocks... in the cold. Normally I totally wouldn't care about this at all and would look forward to gallivanting around the city but my fever, aching body, cough, and lost voice do not bode well for taking kids on the city bus downtown. As my Mom would say it is time to buck up and do and I will take those kids on the best field trip ever in America...or just attempt to not lose anyone and end up on Nancy Grace. Whatever the case, we will make it and then I will collapse...
Wish me luck! For Natalie's News this has been a sickly, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: