This week has been.. well... how can I put it.. totally, unbelievably, exhausting. Every night I walk inside barely able to make it to the couch. I've stayed after school, had choir two times, witnessed multiple fights, and greatly added to my premature wrinkles. (How long am I allowed to say premature?) AND
it has snowed everywhere else in America except for Nashville and it looks like I will actually have to work an entire week...To make matters worse, the light on my phone aka lifeline went out today at work. My wonderful hubby made an appointment at the Apple store and after work I zoomed over to the swanky Green Hills Mall. All I was thinking of getting into the store, getting out, and trying to make it home in some kind of way that avoided the cray traffic of rush hour. So I parked hurriedly walked in and then almost fainted. I'm not really all that materialistic and (although I have recently began loving me some Coach accessories) I'm not one to fawn over designers but all that changed today. In a matter of 20 minutes I left crazy town and entered a beautiful, clean, quiet mall with welcoming stores that played soothing Classical music. I found myself thinking shopping therapy would be way more fun and beneficial than the half marathon I am doing in order to "have less stress". Usually I go to the closer Cool Springs Galleria and of course have frequented Green Hills but today the mall just spoke to me. Tiffany's, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, etc just kept calling, coaxing me into their meticulous stores...Then I remembered I was a teacher and did not have the disposable income to afford this luxury...
Which wait, how is having a huge work out plan, making every inch of my body hurt and scream at me a way to relieve stress?
So anyway, right before I sold our house and decided to move into the beautiful mall I found the Apple store. I walk in and am greeted by someone. He takes my name and an Apple employee meets me within a minute...seriously? I'm all for democracy but if Apple could run the world and everything would be that efficient I would totally get on board. (sorry uncle Ray, Microsoft is good, too) I mean I know, I know the middle east is all up in arms about having a say in things... but can people really do it better than Apple? No. (sorry Egypt..)

So anyway, my new Apple friend Tim basically tells me he can do nothing and will not help and I should buy a new phone. So wait, maybe not everything is perfect at Apple land.
But anyway, what I learned today is that I live in a constant state of tired and tense shoulders and as diva as it sounds entering a swanky, overpriced, and snobby mall made me feel...complete.

I hope you got the pre-crazy Tom Cruise "you complete me".
For Natalie's News this has been a very WASPy, Natalie-Corinne.
(No worries, still not a repub)
1 comment:
thank God you did not cross over to the dark side! lol
Post a Comment