*Warning* Blog written under the influence of lots of medicine, will not take responsibility for content.
my sick couch
my sick couchDay 3 of couch bound has completely taken over and any shred of the normal Natalie waved bye bye long time ago and a new stage of crazy mixed with boredom and a dash of smoker's cough have created a smog of delusion and meltdown. For the last week I've lived on the "sick couch" (when we were young and we got sick, Mom would put a blanket over our couch and bring all of our comfy pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, orange juice, etc and create a sick ouch and we almost always felt better...this sick couch was not nearly as good as Momma's) and the lack of stimulation is really starting to get to me. I get so bored I decided I need to clean or cook and then after a l
ittle task such as showering or warming up soup, sickness takes over and I feel like I've ran a marathon and I sit down and the cycle starts all over again! Facebook and my regular blogs are not enough to keep this "eternal learner" occupied for this many days so one would think I would take this opportunity to read an actual book...ehh no. I thought about it many times but then I remembered this story on head trauma on NPR about a girl who had a concussion and went back to school right away and the doctor said her brain actually needed down time. Now, I know I've had no brain trauma (eh...) but I find in these times of tribulation it is better to be safe than sorry. So I've been stalking
like the best of them hopping from one blog to the next. Like with everything else in life there are major trends in the blog scene. One of the bigger blog trends I've found recently is the "at home fashionista". I just made that term up but seriously these ladies are everywhere snapping daily pictures of the bold prints, neon colored jackets and skinny belts. And wh
ile I think most of their outfits are daring, eclectic and blog worthy... their awkward poses...maybe not. It's like everyone doesn't want to admit that they too have watched 50 billion hours of America's Next Top Model and is doing their best to nail the pigeon toed look or the vogue shrunken shoulders. I mean I have been more than guilty of this sin but perhaps some people look like they're taking themselves too seriously? I also wonder who takes these pictures of them? I can only imagine asking P to take pictures of me attempting to model everyday in the freezing cold and him laughing the first couple of days and then eventually get really fed up with the whole situation and him either praying I'd forget about the new burst of creativity or attempt to teach me to use the self timer. Or maybe, deep down I'm a bit jealous that I don't have the ability to remix my wardrobe and the commitment to chronicle it everyday :)
ittle task such as showering or warming up soup, sickness takes over and I feel like I've ran a marathon and I sit down and the cycle starts all over again! Facebook and my regular blogs are not enough to keep this "eternal learner" occupied for this many days so one would think I would take this opportunity to read an actual book...ehh no. I thought about it many times but then I remembered this story on head trauma on NPR about a girl who had a concussion and went back to school right away and the doctor said her brain actually needed down time. Now, I know I've had no brain trauma (eh...) but I find in these times of tribulation it is better to be safe than sorry. So I've been stalking
like the best of them hopping from one blog to the next. Like with everything else in life there are major trends in the blog scene. One of the bigger blog trends I've found recently is the "at home fashionista". I just made that term up but seriously these ladies are everywhere snapping daily pictures of the bold prints, neon colored jackets and skinny belts. And wh
ile I think most of their outfits are daring, eclectic and blog worthy... their awkward poses...maybe not. It's like everyone doesn't want to admit that they too have watched 50 billion hours of America's Next Top Model and is doing their best to nail the pigeon toed look or the vogue shrunken shoulders. I mean I have been more than guilty of this sin but perhaps some people look like they're taking themselves too seriously? I also wonder who takes these pictures of them? I can only imagine asking P to take pictures of me attempting to model everyday in the freezing cold and him laughing the first couple of days and then eventually get really fed up with the whole situation and him either praying I'd forget about the new burst of creativity or attempt to teach me to use the self timer. Or maybe, deep down I'm a bit jealous that I don't have the ability to remix my wardrobe and the commitment to chronicle it everyday :) For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment