So a week ago I started this 30 before 30 challenge. I really love it in a way. Whenever I'm watching useless (amazing) Bravo trash television, I begin thinking, I could be making a lemon meringue pie right now and crossing something off my list. Obviously Bravo always wins. But anyway, I've slowly started the list. (in case you didn't get it before, that's how great of a teacher I am) So tonight I started my photography class. Watch out #30! My wonderful friend Jenna and I are taking this class together, but at different times. As much as I was sad not to take this with Jenna Lee, I did notice that this independence required some alone time...which normally if I was with a friend I would talk, etc but since I was alone I became a master photography (aka took 400 pictures) So yes, I took pictures with a vengeance and felt very productive and inspired. I found myself thinking, "if I could work every other day I would be the best photographer (ha) ever. Then I realized I had bills and came back to earth. (productivity sucks) So since I wasn't with my girl I had o find new muses/models/inspiration.
We were comparing 3 different modes which focus on moving objects... luckily no rodent was moving in our room so I had to come up with something else!
We were comparing 3 different modes which focus on moving objects... luckily no rodent was moving in our room so I had to come up with something else!
Introducing...
My hand!
My hand!
Notice the folks in the background stealing my super smart/inventive/first ever idea of "capturing" (that's what the teacher called it) someone's moving hand! Good Lord, I'm amazing.
Finally the hand got old.
And for about 20 pictures my iphone got all of the attention.
Then obviously, these random strangers became my new models.
Hello coke zero model.
Finally these people got old and I had to pursue my tried and true.
Clinque...we've been together since I was 16.
Hello lover.
Ugh, greasy, nasty top. It took a photography class to realize I need to wash my hands before screwing on the top.
Finally we got super creative and left the constraining walls of the classroom and walked around the building to find "inspiration" This cute, overpriced, open really late coffee house made me miss college and my Oxford friends.
Obviously I found food.
I had only started taking pictures of all the amazing yummies with the new settings previously covered when I noticed some weird "glances" (aka wide open mouth stare/ confused look including the eyebrows (which creates wrinkles!) sucks for you!) Finally a brave soul asked, "why are y'all taking so many pictures?" I wanted to create some crazy response, "we are with the super duper cult, and since y'all aren't members we are taking pictures of the "guilty ones" or something else weird but alas I just told him the truth.
Lastly I decided to go really out of the box and use my manual lense outside...AT NIGHT.
Thus producing a 30 slide spectaular I like to call "out of focus" .
Hello beautiful, blury, green chairs. I meant to make you this way. Super artistic.
Before
After
and then this damn tree.
16 attempts later
Oh, you can tell it's a tree now! Good Lord, let me at Tyra.
Please remember I was using the manual lens.
So after the first class I really was hooked. Loved my camera before but rest assured I will be super annoying and obnoxious forever and ever because I will want.. no need to "capture" every moment we are together.
It's my responsibilty as an artist. Unless I look fat because I obviously delete those. Obvi.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment