Thursday, September 01, 2011

"the" meal

After many times of claiming that I would run a half marathon, my friend Kate and I have actually signed up, paid and will run for sure in the first week in October.
(Kate is on the left)
This has been a goal of mine for quite some time and I'm really excited for complete something I've been claiming I would do for years. I really like to run and will feel proud after I'm finished. sprinting across the finish lines, beating everyone, including those inanely fast Kenyans. (why I think there will be competitive Kenyans in Nashville is yet another ridiculous story) Yes, that's all well and good, but can we get real honest about what my inner big girl is excited about?
Ready for it?

The post run meal.
Yes, sadly the contemplation of the perfect meal has been consuming my thoughts for a while and I think I've decided what I want.

As Kate and I victoriously sprint across the finish line I expect champagne to be waiting by our adoring fans and friends (aka husbands who will be required by law to be there). Now I can already hear some of your next comments "you won't feel like doing anything but collapsing". I'm not saying you're not maybe a tad bit right...but I'm choosing to live in denial and believe I will totally have my 2nd  14th wind and will want to par-tay.

So after a little victory champagne, I want a meal that is not usually my choice. After careful consideration I require a hot dog and a pile of onion rings. I mean what is NOT wrong with this meal? Tons of carbs, grease, foods that do not require utensils...perfect!



This meal would not be complete with another amazing beverage. A big beer. Usually I'm a wine fan but for some reason, beer seems to be the only acceptable post half marathon drink in my mind. In a perfect world I would partake in Pyramid Apricot Ale, but...

since it is no longer sent to our part of the country anymore I will have to settle for something else. Yet to be determined. Have to save something for our 8 mile run this Saturday. Please don't worry...the 8 mile/ Eminem reference was not lost on us and I'm preparing a gangster play list.

For Natalie's News this has been, Nataile-Corinne.

No comments: