One of my 30 before 30 is to love my job. Today I really loved my job, but perhaps not for the right reasons. All weekend Lee poured much needed rain in onto our Labor Day weekend. Although I wasn't thrilled to be rained in on a long weekend, I did not complain because after an entire month rainless, my poor excuses of flowers left over from the insanely hot/dry summer really needed the rain. Because of my positive vibes/energy/(aka apathetic attitude because staying inside with P all weekend for a extremely rare and lazy weekend was pretty close to perfect) was definitely met with praise by the Karma/rain Gods because today... WE GOT OUT EARLY.
The heavy rain knocked out some power lines and we were without power in part of the building and...air! I mean it's a whopping 75 degrees outside and the students were acting like we were wondering Moses style in the desert. In a mad dash to be able to count today as a full day, the lunch ladies whipped up some mean peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and everyone and their mother had an allergic reaction to it. Correction: I'm not sure if anyone actually had one but everyone had a friend who "will just die if she even smells, gets close to, thinks of, looks at, etc. a peanut". So anyway, after hours of near death experiences with the all dangerous peanut mixed with uncomfortable temperatures the students knew a make it or break it announcement must be on its way. Finally the principal interrupted class and everyone held their breath. I literally heard a child say, "Oh please God". The principal announced school would end today at 12 and all the students erupted in a "High School Musical"-esque dance and song that they magically all knew perfectly with out rehearsal.
(Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little)
Okay, 3 hours, why so great? Because it's unexpected. Getting a random weather related day off is a gift from God that no politician can take away. Yes, you may take my tenure, may paycheck, my sanity, and my fitness goals, but oh no. You cannot take away the random and glorious school closing due to weather. It's so phenomenal I feel that I will never be able to correctly articulate this happiness. So what to do with all this extra time? I actually have to do some work because we have open house tonight and since the Internet is not working I needed to finish stuff from home... while watching recorded RHWBH. I mean...life is hard, folks.
For Natalie's News, this has been, Natalie-Corinne.


No comments:
Post a Comment