When awaking this morning I thought to myself, "this will be like any other Wednesday" I will go to school, race back to Oxford, direct Children's Choir and hopefully work out. I was wrong. During my very chatty first period I decided it was time for the dreaded seating chart. Earlier students earned the privilege of picking their seats but too much talking and not enough caffeine for the new teacher nixed that real quick. When asking one young child who will remain nameless to move he responded with "there ain't no GD way" and some other colorful remarks! Swearing before 8am...that is only reserved for smashing your toe or realizing you are out of rice milk when you've already poured your cereal. Really... all this for a seating chart? The student was furious and frankly pretty scary so I said," go on and get your things and go to the office" in my best teacher voice. He responded with some other colorful language so I did it. I called 5-0. The police. It was insane. The officer marched in and took care of the unruly boy. Later he told me that when he walked in he noticed the student had his arms in his shirt and I should not allow that because they can conceal weapons. WEAPONS?!?!?! Omg. I went to Brentwood. I do not do weapons, I am for gun control for the love. I acted like I was so with it in front of the class but after the students left I totally lost it. Since my planning period is almost over I've regained some since of control over my body but lets just say I will probably be a little bit nervy (not a but you get it) for the nex
t few days. Maybe some "milk" will be in order. More like definitely.In other news, hump day is upon us! Yay! Only a couple of more days until the GLORIOUS couple of days of weekend. I am so excited to see our Rebels beat up on Samford and spend the entire Saturday in the closest thing to Heaven on our earth...the grove. Seriously when I die I pray that Heaven is the grove filled with an endless supply of carbs. I wish everyone could attend the game but if you are unable I will make sure to fill you in with the weekend update. Well I've got to teach! I wish everyone a wonderful Wednesday! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
4 comments:
I am now officially scared for you and think you should resign and home school someone! Seriously! Find some rich people with some spoiled kid and teach them. I want you safe.... Otherwise, tell those kids your Aunt Shari will come down there and open up a can of whoop ass like they've never even imagined, if they so much as look at you wrong again. I am so NOT kidding. Guns! @#%^$! >:O
ahh thanks Shari! Love that Lawrenceburg still in you! That's what the world is missing I tell you what! Things will get better. Luckily the principal thinks that is serious too so I am taken care of! Cause if not...yeah we know what's up :)
You need to take a bar of lava soap to school to have to wash them kids' mouths out with soap!
You teach in a MS with police in attendance??? Wow, you are brave!!
Post a Comment