Monday, September 22, 2008

Heart break


This weekend was a tough one for our Ole Miss Rebs. After a great win against Samford everyone knew the win against Vandy was a must! Our first opportunity for an SEC win and we just knew with our new coach we were ready!! Well, unfortunately we were wrong. The first quarter started out strong offensively and I just knew we would keep scoring and win, but this did not happen. At half time it was tied 17-17 and we did not score again. Vandy got another field goal and a touch down and it was totally over. Our poor quarter back did not have the best game and honestly it was tough to watch. But more importantly the grove was still fun and it was great socializing etc with Oxford's finest.









In other news: Claire and I got cats:) Last week we went to the Oxford/Lafayette Humane society and got 2 sweet cats. My cat is 5 months old and named Heidi obviously after Heidi Klum and yes I will keep her on a strict diet. Claire's cat is a year old and named Beatrice but B for short. The kitties have quickly taken over our house and are already spoiled rotten. Luckily they became friends fairly quickly. At first they seemed very timid of one another but now they are playing together well.


Focus on the Family:



This weekend was a wedding shower for Lance and Kelly in Lawrenceburg, TN. Family members Michelle, Shari, Ray and Robin threw this elaborate party. Robin flew into Nashville Friday night and slaved away making his famous guacamole. Lance and Kelly will wed on October 31st on a cruise. I am told the shower went well and the happy couple was appreciate to receive many fine gifts to help begin their married life! Michelle reported that a good time was had by all and it was wonderful to see family and friends!
Well I need to go back to work! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

2 comments:

michelle said...

speaking of the burg, your news and reporting of fun and family brings to mind Tiny Brown's column in the DU! Lawrenceburgians who read your blog will appreciate this!

Ray said...

A good time was had by all..