There is nothing common about the cold. I can never remember thinking snot running out of your nose is "common". My sad immune system is trying its best but I think the cold is out to get me. I am determined to make it and not take a sick day this early. What to do? Oh I found out. This magical device...the movie. Ah yes the movie. I told my students, "your teacher feels awful so you're going to watch a movie and be quiet please" and OMG it worked. They were silent like little angels and watched Sister Act II. As I looked around and saw all of their attentive and quiet faces I thought surely tv cannot be that bad for you, look at this!!! I have not looked up any factual information and do not plan on doing so but ehh what's a couple of brain cells? I am gladly giving them away for the wonderful trade of silence. It is truly glorious! It is really cute to see the reaction to this movie from the students. The younger ones want to get up and dance and clap with the songs. Some of my students are very funny. For example today a student raised his hand and said, "you know that storm Ike? Where Tina?". ha. Love it. Well I should get back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
common cold
There is nothing common about the cold. I can never remember thinking snot running out of your nose is "common". My sad immune system is trying its best but I think the cold is out to get me. I am determined to make it and not take a sick day this early. What to do? Oh I found out. This magical device...the movie. Ah yes the movie. I told my students, "your teacher feels awful so you're going to watch a movie and be quiet please" and OMG it worked. They were silent like little angels and watched Sister Act II. As I looked around and saw all of their attentive and quiet faces I thought surely tv cannot be that bad for you, look at this!!! I have not looked up any factual information and do not plan on doing so but ehh what's a couple of brain cells? I am gladly giving them away for the wonderful trade of silence. It is truly glorious! It is really cute to see the reaction to this movie from the students. The younger ones want to get up and dance and clap with the songs. Some of my students are very funny. For example today a student raised his hand and said, "you know that storm Ike? Where Tina?". ha. Love it. Well I should get back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the stories about your students!
I hope you're feeling better by now. Otherwise you'll run out of G or PG rated movies for your kids to watch! ;)
Post a Comment