Reviews are in. Obama Rama was a raving success. I went with some new teacher friends from Batesville and as we walked to the lyric from the square we could smell the glorious scent of BBQ. That's right, there was barbecue. I mean forget foreign policy, if a candidate is associated with BBQ, I'm pretty much sold. I walked into the lyric I was floored by the diversity of the crowd. At first people really did not know what to do. All of the younger students were kind of wandering aro
und the bands, the middle aged people stood toward the back and we just kind of stood there looking for direction. After teaching all day my brain refuses to function. The only task I really succeed at after teaching is inhaling and exhaling. Finally someone was there to lead us where we needed to go, because how could we figure that out?! There were several sign up booths where people could register to vote, to volunteer for the debate and other events closer to the election. Then we went into the main room of the Lyric. The renovation is amazing. I had not been to the Lyric until last night and it looks incredible. However, I felt that awful feeling again... oldness. There were several local bands there and it was so loud! I looked around and my other teacher friend said, "there should be tables and chairs" and I laughed so hard because it hit us at the same time how old it sounded! We stayed and mingled for a little over two hours. Mayor Howarth was there, several St. Peter's people, several professors from various parts of campus, Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, and several students. Overall the night was very successful and I was happy I got out of my nightly in pajamas by 8pm routine to go!At risk of becoming an old spinster, I am going to blog about my cats. They are so cute and wonderful but oh m
y gosh so demanding. My kitten has gotten into this awful routine of wanting to play at 1am and around 4am. She comes and jumps or walks all over me and licks my face to wake me up! It is the strangest thing. This morning around 4am she started this game again and I was determined for her to sleep. Finally she began to settle down and then Claire's cat jumped on the bed too and they began playing on top of me! Don't these ca
ts know that I am a sleep deprived teacher?!?!
y gosh so demanding. My kitten has gotten into this awful routine of wanting to play at 1am and around 4am. She comes and jumps or walks all over me and licks my face to wake me up! It is the strangest thing. This morning around 4am she started this game again and I was determined for her to sleep. Finally she began to settle down and then Claire's cat jumped on the bed too and they began playing on top of me! Don't these ca
ts know that I am a sleep deprived teacher?!?! HE IS ALIVE. In other news brother Ben is alive and well. I talked to him for a bit last night, probably because Michelle called and shamed him. Anyway, the long lost brother is busy with school and practice, but happy at Martin. He surprised me with the request to come and stay in Oxford this weekend. I was so excited and then he slips in, "yeah I also want to bring some friends". Oh Lord, four young baseball boys in my tiny duplex. Because of the debate there is no chance of getting a hotel so I am going to ask friends to spare an extra bedroom if the boys do come down.
No comments:
Post a Comment