When I think back those 500 years ago when I was in middle school, I remember how much I actually looked forward to open house. It seemed so magical having my parents in my own classroom. Having them at my school was really the answer to all my problems. In classes I liked my parents could see how hard I worked and what a wonderful student I was. In classes I did not like, they could see how ridiculously demanding the teacher was and all of those "excessive talking" marks on my report cards were all because she could not see the creative genius within. There was something special about my parents seeing me in my day environment; maybe I was a dork (no more like definitely) but back in the day I really loved it.
That day is over. I'm a teacher now and I realize that open house is punishment for being crazy enough to choose a career going to school everyday after going to school everyday. Today I will be at school from 7am-7pmish. Not only is the excessive time a complaint but the pressure I feel talking to all these parents. Oh and I forgot to mention the only information I have received about tonight is, "open house will be pretty much like last year.. with a couple of changes", ha. Oh well, the saving grace is that all the students are scared that their parents are coming and of course I use that like it is my job to scare them...and no, I'm totally not above that.
Focus on the Family
In other news, Ms. Carly Bacurin of Evansville, Indiana is in Germany "studying" abroad. This jet setter even has her own blog http://cebacurin.blogspot.com/. Check it out.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. I'm off to shape the minds of tomorrow. Yeah.. that is as scary as it sounded. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
Now we really need to know if the parents of the unruly kids matched the unruly kid! Thanks for the plug for Carly's blog. She's doing really well keeping up with it. I can't wait to see your new car! Love you!
Post a Comment