n teaching, Christmas felt light years away and certainly just "making it" until Christmas seemed an impossible goal. But wow, we've made it. Concerts, exams, write-ups, parent/teacher conferences, etc have not prevented me from making it to this glorious day. I am certainly more excited than any child at the junior high for Christmas break! I am pumped to see high school friends and go to New York for New Years but most importantly I am aching for "lazy time" with the family. If there is not an average of a movie per day on the comfy couch with the family, the recession has taken over and life seizes to exist. This year feels very odd because with the extended college stay meant an extended Christmas break...lasting 6 weeks. This year that has been cut drastically so I am forced to get all of my socializing done very quickly. I am packing up tonight and heading to glory land early tomorrow.Speaking of the Nashville... it's time for Focus on the Family: (family pictured left)

It has been a while since the last family update so why not now:
Ben finished his first semester up at UT Martin with style, class, and mountains of dirty laundry. His finals have been home for a week and he has been home helping the parentals to keep the couch warm. We have a date on Monday to start, I mean finish Christmas shopping for the family.
Momma: Michelle has been the queen B social diva with her many recent outings with friends from work and beyond. It seems like every time I talk to her she is leaving an outi
ng with friends and I am already in bed. Sunday we are making Christmas cookies and fudge... with a diet coke.
ng with friends and I am already in bed. Sunday we are making Christmas cookies and fudge... with a diet coke.Papa: Pete recently attended his Christmas beer club party and brought none other than son Ben Bottoms. Usually long time friend Ron attends but he had some bogus family event so Ben served as the pinch hitter. The report is that all had a great time! Pete is also surprising Michelle by signing the family up for the hit show Wife Swap. She does not know it yet and is sure to be thrilled by this holiday miracle!
Well I am off to hang out with the few students who came to school today. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.
4 comments:
Whoa, are you serious about Wife Swap??
oh I hope she'd get switched with the medieval family where she played the harp every morning to get the out of bed. And made them do medieval sword dancing. I can see it now....
ha, no. For some reason Ben and Dad love that show and my mom HATES it. So, that was just supposed to be a joke :) ha. Hope she likes it.
I just found out I got paired with that medieval family after all! There is a new twist, though! Many of the wives are having adjustment problems being away from their families for so long so you are allowed to bring a member of your extended family with you! Lindsay, you get to go!!! I signed you up!!! We get to eat giant turkey legs together! LOL!
What I would like about the medieval period is that women were expected to be plump and show lots of ample cleavage!!! The "Johnston spread" would finally be an advantage!!!
Nell, you'd never make it! They only bathed once a year and even then shared their bath water!!
Post a Comment