Wednesday, February 09, 2011

best diet ever

well I finally gave in and went to the doctor. Being a nurse's daughter I skipped any desire to want to help others, bandage gross wounds, or see blood on a regular basis but I did retain the ability to diagnose myself. I just knew I had a little cough or cold and it would be fine...but for the first time in my life I was wrong.. (I'll wait for the shock to set it) I have bronchitis and am hacking enough to put the longest of smokers to shame. So I've been home, sleeping, watching television, sleeping, facebooking, sleeping, etc. On a positive note I will be so skinny after this whole episode so whatever. Nothing tastes... or feels as good as skinny!

In other news, thankfully I have not been featured on any news programs because I returned with all my students and the field trip downtown was a success. How I managed to keep up with all my students and catch the city bus while being this sick is beyond me. Although it was totally freezing I think the students enjoyed riding the city bus. Some of my students are so hilarious and were entertaining the fellow passengers on the bus and a lady on the bus grabbed my arm and said, "bless your heart, these kids are just too much, you're a special lady"! I wanted to tell her about a million stories but I bit my tongue and just smiled. The only downside was that after the show the usher would not let my students out of the theater and we missed our bus back to school. If I were by myself I would have totally showed out but since I was the one in charge and supposed to be the "example" I told the usher we would miss our bus etc and she rudely brushed me away and say, "they're will be another one". Ugh. I almost had a panic attack but I knew there was not another bus for 45 minutes and then my students would miss lunch. Luckily I pulled out the Iphone and text a friend who rides the bus a lot and found a new route. I mean, what did we do before the cell phone? I would of been downtown, with my choir trying my hardest to read a... map. Oh Lord, we would be in Oklahoma by now.

Well my cough medicine is kicking in and I'm almost asleep. For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

RBert said...

I'm glad you went to the dr!!!!!!

Mollie Rosario said...

I seriously cannot believe that you took these crazies on the city bus, hats off, bravo for a job well done!

Big Daddy said...

Bless you, Miss Teacher!