Friday, February 04, 2011

Valentine's Day...

When a relationship is new Valentine's Day is so exciting...

Will he go cheesy or romantic? My inner monologue used to go something like this, "I hope it's not a stuffed bear, oh I bet he bought a stuffed bear, well hopefully it's small...no I bet its huge. Get your game face ready. I hope I get some chocolate with some caramel in it.. Oh, will he say the L word?" etc.


Oh what should I get him?


Should I get him something real or try to make something cute like coupons or a scrapbook?

(*I think the homemade thing is only cute in high school)


Our first real Valentine's Day P got me a beautiful necklace that I love and cooked an amazing dinner of steak and lobster.



Then couples are together for a little while and gifts get more practical.
Last year I got a great pair of Sperry rain boots that I adore!
actually boots pictured here, cute right?

No, not a heart shaped necklace, but really cute shoes and I think of him every time it rains or snow.
*Plus according to my students they are "fresh" so that always makes me feel good.

(*Very into * today...)


This year...


We are married.


Oh and homeowners.


And actually need things for our...house.


We are buying each other a...wait for it, wait for it...


a hanging pot rack!


I mean, I know super hot and romantic, right?


But we can think of each other every time we look at the pot rack rather than the holes and random hooks coming from our kitchen ceiling, right?


For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

3 comments:

michelle said...

very romantic actually b/c you are making your house that wonderful thing called a 'home' with all those special touches:) love yall

sarah said...

Just wait til you stop remembering your anniversary....like some you know...

RBert said...

i love the hanging pot rack!!!!!!!!!