Today began like any other. Except I got up two hours earlier and was at school at 5:30 AM to go on a field trip (ugh learning expedition) to the Chattanooga Aquarium.




After leaving super early I had a wonderful group of kids that enjoyed fish, penguins, sea lions, butterflies, an IMAX movie, oh and a little red mark that appeared on my chin this morning. The little, annoying, itchy, "bug bite" was bothering me but as a dedicated teacher, I tried to ignore the little issue but with my precious students constantly reminding (nagging) me of this situation... for my own benefit, course, it was impossible to forget! "Ugh, What's wrong with your face?" and many,
many varieties of this same comment kept occurring all.day.long. Finally, I submitted to the pressure, I looked in the mirror and WOW. My face was covered with nasty red marks all over my chin, neck, and jaw. Gross. Trying not to raise any concerns, I quietly walked to Walgreen's and bought some ointment. Hours later my face was still "funky" (thank you, again...another sweet student) I returned to Nashville and booked it to the nearest minute clinic. Sure enough, I've had quite a nasty allergic reaction that looks like...this! (dum dum dum....and this is even after some medicine, should have taken pics sooner)

So, yes... now I'm sporting a hot allergic reaction rash. It is so itchy I seriously need to be mittened up with duck tape like my inner 2 year old self needs. Wish me luck!
For Natalie's News, this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
whoa bet that was a long bus trip!
What on earth caused the reaction!
Shari! I still don't know... I haven't had another one so I'm hoping it was something random and won't happen again! yuck
Post a Comment