
We had one brief day of air but after the glorious weekend of fun, I was rudely woken by an alarm clock...What is that sound? That's the sound of reality, hard work and apparently, sweat. As I walked into work, I felt the harsh, unforgiving, stale unconditioned air that punishes everyone in its path. The bookkeeper and I met eyes with grave disappointment. "Again?!?!" I shouted! "Air conditioning is a basic requirement for life, especially in the south...what is going on?!" She just looked back with sad puppy dog eyes but could say nothing. The heat obviously attacked our bookkeeper and like a wounded puppy with out a mother, she went into deep self preservation mode and quit talking in order to conserve energy. I see it all the time. I promised the staff that I would call Channel 5 and come to work naked if the air was not fixed tomorrow. Mom, get bail money ready.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment