Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mississippi Madness

I've been thinking about Mississippi a lot lately. Honestly, I think about Oxford pretty much all the time. I love living in Nashville but Oxford is my little Oasis, Mecca, Heaven, you get it. Obviously I chose to go to the best University ever, Ole Miss a even stayed for graduate school, then stayed and taught...They basically had to drag me kicking and screaming from my beautiful small town. I think to love Oxford is obvious but I also love and miss the people, growing up, becoming an adult, choir, St. Peter's, AOII, really... I could go on forever. I miss being on campus, being a local, walking around the square, singing all over town, going to the grove, Square books etc etc etc. Although Oxford is not getting hit by the heavy flooding, many of the people that I have known and loved are from some of the areas being affected by the heavy rains. We have this beautiful magnolia tree that just began to bloom and every time I walk by it normally I feel a little heart tug of happiness/pain. Really fond memories of walking by them constantly at Ole Miss but a tad bit sad that those days are gone (Good God, cheesy!). Anyway, a lot of my friends have been affected by these storms and I can't wait for it to be over! I snatched some pictures of our Magnolia tree today and thought I would share.


For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oxford misses you too!