Thursday, July 07, 2011

Bruins

You know how things somehow magically work out for the best, even if they weren't in your original "life plan"? Weeks ago I interviewed for a job and then went off to Europe and tried to push that interview to the back of my mind. After many pints, baguettes, crepes, and platters of fish and chips, my mind still drifted to this possibility. Why hasn't he e-mailed me back? He hated me. Then of course I dissected every single word, really syllable of my interview. So after no news, I jumped at a surprise e-mail right after the 4th requesting a second interview. I got my game face on and even with my awful haircut attempted to rock. Toward the end of the interview, they asked if I had any questions and I just went for it..."when will you decide?" by today at noon. Holy Lord. Great. So, I wait for it, wait for it, 12....12:15, 12:30 etc etc. I think...this has passed me by when finally...he calls. Offers me this job. This job that I am so thrilled to get but if you had told me 5 years ago I would take much less want I would have laughed in your face. I am the new choir director at the high school I actually attended. The school where I roamed the halls too long when I should have been in Geography, missed too many days for senior exemption and perhaps lied to a teacher and told them I was in all AP classes (NOT) and had to take the exams so I wasn't really absent and therefore was still exempt from regular exams (and she believed me), was involved in almost everything...even if I wasn't really good at it (hello, track?!) laughed seriously more than studied...I'm thinking a 4:1 ratio... on a good day, and had some of the best times of my life. Whenever anyone talks about "the best time of their lives" and that they want to go back to high school I never really agree. I loved high school but I loved college and generally try to love life, where I am now (not every minute, but you get my point) I've never been one to live in the past and thought I was all wise and old soulish...but now my pious Pollyanna self is going right back to where I started. Not that I can relive those years...because you know, I will have to be an adult, but this is a rare opportunity...I guess you can go home again.


For Natalie's News, this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

5 comments:

Mollie Rosario said...

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ecxited for you. Now you and Shannon Davis can be dance chaperones and reminice about the fact that you both graduated together 10 years ago and those were the days... but seriously a huge congrats, i'm so proud and happy for you!!!

Mollie Rosario said...

whoa, that says i posted at 5:30... i want to clarify that it is 8:30 not 5:30...

sarah said...

Now your 14 year old self can join my 14 year old self in an existential crisis.

Natalie Corinne said...

Mollie: Thank you! very excited.

Sarah: Done, but you still have to dye your hair purple again.

Ashley said...

congrats!!!! Very excited for you and your new position at BHS.