Sunday, July 17, 2011

Peaches

This is a post about Peaches, and no, not the band that I used to love in the late 90's, the fruit. (Disclaimer: I'm about to sound SUPER old.) We had a really fun weekend. We hung with friends, saw some family, went to the Nashville Farmer's Market, the Global market and attempted to recreate some specialities from our European adventure. Tonight we (P) made a wonderful English dinner including shandies even with the right European lemonade that we found at the global market. Anyway, P cooked everything so I made a dessert by the Goddess of the food network. Obvi...Ina Garten. It's no secret that I've had some baking disasters in the past. I mean cakes sticking to the pan, cakes falling, forgetting to add crucial ingredients, burning almost...everything...yeah, that's happened. But not tonight my friends. Tonight farmer's market peaches + the magic of Ina = no baking drama and a quite tasty dessert (pictured right...from Ina's website, not my camera work) that is so good I will be sending it to P's work so I won't be tempted to eat and other (and another, and another ) piece. Success. So, yes, I just sounded super old, right? Whatever, judge all you will-I keep posting, baking, and praising Ina in the hopes that I will be finally invited to one of her fabulous dinner parties with Jeffrey and all the other fun friends of East Hampton.

It could happen one day, right? For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: