Wednesday, August 03, 2011

baby mamma drama

This post is due to inspiration from long time friend Claire. Last night I received a text message that may have made my life worth living. My former roommate and dear friend sent me a picture of our mutual friend in the worst/most awkward/ridiculous maternity picture ever created in the United States and perhaps the entire world. Believe me, it is taking all my will power not to post this picture. Anyway, I started thinking about this trend last night. I know the whole natural/not posed style of photography for weddings, engagement pictures, family pictures, whatever has been around for a some time and while some of those non staged except really staged moments can seem really trite, sometimes they turn our super cute and better than the olan mills
posed cheesiness...(obviously look above...yeah show off that ring!). Maternity pictures though, seem to have waved bye bye to "capturing the moment" and embraced some sort of fantasy land where embarrassment and mythical influences are required. Although I will not post the picture that inspired this post (and believe me it's soooooo good) I will post some of the worst pictures I found on the trusty Internet. The sad part about all of this is these really aren't the worst. I found some that were so awkward and inappropriate that I wouldn't even post them. I kept picturing my Dad reading this blog and didn't want to subject him to that.
Guaranteed this one will be in the baby's book "Your first Halloween". When I saw this picture I kept thinking of the kids who came up to this door for Trick or Treat. Definitely tricked at this house.
Wilderness style baby! Better learn to earn your keep out here little wilderness baby.
This picture says, "we started embarrassing you way before you can even remember"
Yeah, this is just my pondering face. Totally normal to be sitting here in a satin blend tarp.
We're having a baby but we're still cool. I've still go a tattoo AND muscles and our backdrop is so nontraditional. Baby blocks are for suckers.
(and my personal favorite pic)
Don't worry baby, Mermaid Mommy will always be here to protect you.

I just don't get it. What makes you think...hmmm this is a good idea and better yet I should share it on the Internet where creepers (hello, like me!) can find it and put it in their blogs?! Bottom line.Everyone is excited about your upcoming baby...but not everyone is excited to see you in some kind of awkward maternity picture. Lastly, if you take a picture like this, folks will talk about you and send each other texts in the middle of the night. This is fact.  

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

6 comments:

RBert said...

please don't let me do this . . .ever

Unknown said...

I am right with you. Especially when people pose their erotic preggo pics on FB. I wish I had the balls to flag them. Also, I saw the other day where someone I knew had their 3 year old naked spooning their newborn in his professional baby pics...it weirded me out.

sarah said...

There is nothing more disgusting than a preg belly. They look gross and feel gross. No one would take these pics if photoshop did not exist.

Natalie Corinne said...

Sarah, preg belly is not disgusting...I just don't love seeing them in weird staged positions including mermaids and pumpkins.

Allison Krift said...

Omg, totally agree! It is ridiculous how much money people spend loving on a belly and taking pictures of it. And then put the gross awkwardly staged photos on the Internet. Although I loved being prego, I did not need to share my naked body pictures on fb. And when I goggled Halloween costume ideas that incorporated the belly I nixed that immediately and decided to cover myself with felt as a prego jar. So in The end Of my agreement statement, You can be creative as a prego without being gross!

Natalie Corinne said...

VERY well put Alli!