Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Happy Birthday to Uncle Ray!

Happy, happy birthday to my wonderful, lovely, handsome, witty, understanding, generous and 29 year old Uncle Ray. I have always looked up to my amazing uncle and learned so much from him. Although he has a lot of "intelligent" ideas to offer, here is a list of some more...practical words to live by.

  Lessons Learned from Uncle Ray:

1. Lugury is a necessity...struggling rarely is.
2. Every day is a reason for chocolate.
3. There is no number beyond 29. It simply does not exist.
4. It is possible to conduct a conference call in Spanish, typing on a laptop while driving.
5. Never and I mean never miss an opportunity to get a good look in a mirror.
6. It's mean to judge others, but you really can't help but observe them.
7. Julie Andrews is a very small step below God.
8. When getting pulled over by police, just speak French. Works every time.
9. Microsoft is so much better than Apple.
10. Seeing all the major divas live is like our pilgrimage to Mecca.

Then there are the memories...I could have a top 10 list of Europe crazy alone here are some of my favorite things... I mean memories from Uncle Ray. Honestly I could go on for years, but these will have to do.

Top 10 11 memories
11. Learning to swing dance from a VHS in our living room during the whole swing dance craze circa 1999.
10. Surprising my Mom in NYC.  Ray flew Ben and Mom up to NYC to see all the Christmas lights and he flew me up to surprise Mom and Ben. It was SO fun.

9. Playing hours of computer games on Mamaw and Papaw's computer.
8. Ray pretending he was Mother Abbess and Lindsay and I were the Van Trapp children when were were in Austria.
7. Ray running onto the football field in Lawrenceburg in the middle of the night for the "touchdown".
6. Going to Walmart on Thanksgiving night and riding bikes, playing with toys, getting into trouble, etc.
5. Although I don't remember this, I should include one memory of us looking in the mirror for hours because apparently it has changed my life.
4. My first (and only) pair of Tiffany's earrings.
3. When I was upset after high school graduation night when a boy I liked didn't like me back he made me feel so much better.
2. Christmas pageants organized by Ray at Mamaw and Papaw's house.(pictured above)
1. There is no number 1. Anything Ray attends is a best memory. I couldn't have a more supportive, hilarious, intelligent, and loving uncle!

I love you so much, happy, happy birthday!
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.




3 comments:

michelle said...

World's best uncle without a single doubt! In the infamous words of sister Shari at the little league field when the girl in front of us was talking (gasp!) bad about Ray not knowing his protective sisters were sitting behind her, "he's not too bad of a brother either!"

Unknown said...

Can he adopt me?

Ray said...

OMG! You made me all teary eyed! I love you!
Uncle Ray