I don't care how old I sound I'm gonna lay it out there. I hate the mismatched socks look.
I just don't get it.
I think it looks awful. I actually like the cute casual look that's so hot right now that says I just rolled out of bed but that was a magic bed complete with a blown out "natural" hair style, nude lips and mascara... but the mismatched socks? I just can't go there. I guess Mom always preaching about leaving the house looking put together made me miss the gene and I just hate this look.
I have to admit... I don't know how long this has been a "thing". (am I years behind?) I noticed that a lot of my students were wearing mismatched tennis shoe strings and recently some have been wearing different colored socks with long jean shorts and converse or Toms.
At first this "non-fad" was only popular with a few students and now everyone is rocking it. I can't imagine a more unflattering statement for most bodies but that is another blog.
Even the crazy Anne Burrell from Food Network is sporting an orange and yellow sock with her "daring" (ugly) red chef shoes.
Ugh, like shoulder pads, double belts, parachute pants, crocs, and Mom jeans, we will all look back at reunions and laugh at ourselves about this one. Except this smart girl because I have enough sense to not wear ugly, mismatched socks. Hello?
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.






1 comment:
I was completely unaware that this was a fad. I am so old. I love socks as well, but prefer they match.
Post a Comment