Monday, September 29, 2008

Real World...Oxford.

Wow, after all of the excitement over the weekend it seemed so strange getting up to go to work this morning like all of the "normal" people. Of course after the debate excitement and then the huge upset to Florida, it seemed as though Oxford became more like Heaven with every passing minute... and then the weekend ended. I am back at school and I keep feeling like something exciting is supposed to happen, but it is just an ordinary Monday. But without fail only after being here for fifteen minutes I was bombarded with family drama from a student. She was feeling guilty because she received write-offs for talking over the weekend and finished them without telling her momma. So amazing. I told her she could tell her mom that she already completed the sentences and that she would not talk in class anymore but my student decided that she would get in trouble anyway and it was unrealistic for her not to talk in class, "you know how I like to talk". Well at least she feels comfortable telling me I guess.

Focus on the Family
In other news I am so proud of my papa! This weekend he competed in a prestigious beer competition in Nashville and won second place beating some stiff competition. He entered an IPA beer that he originally brewed for my graduation party. At the graduation party he brought an Apricot ale that I requested and the IPA. Both were huge successes and everyone was so impressed with my dad's enormous skills with the beer brewing. I know he claims to brew beer only for enjoyment but I anxiously await the day that he turns the garage into a full time brewery. I believe his beer could be a largely successful retirement option and with the economy in shambles I am sure more and more people will be looking for simple enjoyments...like a refreshing and tasty brew. Interested? I will be representing my papa, please contact me for further details.


Lastly, I find it time to pay my final goodbye to something I held so dear for seven long years...my olemiss.edu e-mail. Finally after being a student for so long, the University of Mississippi kicked me out of their e-mail list. It was a fun time olemiss.edu. Goodbye long friend.


For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

2 comments:

Ray said...

You are in the center of the universe this week! I'm so glad you're recording this historical moment for those future generations to read.

michelle said...

I think it is a shame The University does not allow you an honorary .edu address for life. Where's the loyalty? :)