Friday, September 26, 2008

Thou shalt not be jealous

Hi My name is Natalie and I'm jealous. This morning before 7am two of my close friends informed me with amazing news. My teacher friend Jessica is going to the DEBATE. Only fifty seats were available for "normal" people and a friend of Jessica's that works on campus was blessed with two tickets. Her friend's husband is out of town so Jessica was invited to go. Security is doing a background check and then she is cleared to go. Right after that news my roommate Clarie called and said she was having breakfast at Bottletree sitting beside Tom Brokaw. Bottletree bakery is this hipster/granola bakery off the square that has been featured on the Food Network and Oprah. Claire was also on tv this morning on the Early Show. Although I am extremely happy for my friends I will admit I am very jealous of the sudden fortunes. Staring at my crazy middle school children and thinking of the invaluable experiences my pals are living makes me want to stab my own eye so I can leave work and join them. Maybe that is a tad bit dramatic but the point is I picked the wrong day to be "responsible" and come to work. Frankly coming to work today was irresponsible of me in some ways. I will never have the story of Tom Brokaw that Claire will, or being on the square when more and more media arrive. No, I will be at work administering a music vocabulary test, taking up notes (which actually is tons of fun) and promoting peace in the hallway after our many fights this week. Yeah, totally worth it. No, I should try to be positive. At least I am getting to partake in the activities tonight. I cannot wait until after work today. I am going home to change and then off to the square. I am still not sure if McCain is planning on attending but word is the show must go on!

I promise to have a huge weekend update about the debate activities sometime soon! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :) If you're able, jet to Oxford, it will be totally worth it! For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Ray said...

It's a good thing that you didn't get a ticket to the debate because I know you would have yelled and screamed in the middle of it causing quite a ruckus.