I wish I could say I was one of those people who was always confident with their appearance. I wish I truly believed "the ebb and flow of my body is a natural occurrence" and that "I should be happy that God gave me a body at all" and other hippie nonsense. But...I'm not. Weeks ago the mass texts began ..."What are you wearing to the reunion?" and other forms of this same question frequented my inbox from high school friends. I had no idea what I was wearing to the reunion and was attempting to get in a few more runs before I had to buy something new. So the dreaded time came where I needed to buy a new dress. I began at Dilliards and bought this.
Disclaimer: I only took this pic b/c my friend Sarah and I were texting the day before and she sent me (per my request) these cute pics of her possible dress choices so I did the same.
I remember thinking, oh this is nice and I can wear it to church and maybe work on some kind of special day. Then I decided I didn't want to wear anything to a reunion that I could also wear to church! All my high school friends are so stylish so I felt like I needed to step up my game. I went back to the mall, searched forever and came back with this ensemble:
I love how even in a dressing room I put my hand on my hip to make my arm (which is covered by clothing!) appear skinny.
This dress is so not me and although you really can't tell in this picture, it has huge pockets, lots of buttons, zippers, and I think would be really cool for someone...else. I wasn't feeling good in it and finally went to P and asked his clothing opinion, which I rarely ever do. (Oh, did I mention I asked him this question at 2PM on Saturday when Sam was still at our house and when we were supposed to be meeting friends at 6PM? Because I did.) P looked and looked and finally said, "it looks weird". This may sound hurtful but it really wasn't. I thought it was weird too and although a minor (ugh major!) panic attack began creeping up I ditched my cousin (wow, such a role model) and went back to the mall in a possessed attempt to find something to wear. This kind of shopping is kind of like aggressive stage Mom tripping another kid and sleeping with the director so her kid can be in a car commercial. No one...literally NO ONE could get in my way. I went in and out of stores with a mad fury. When the nice sales associates attempted to tell me about sales or the advantages of opening a store credit card, I gave them the look of a vulcher waiting for it's prey. Back off. Finally I found the dress. I could not wear this dress to church and definitely not to work. I could move, eat, drink, sit, etc.
Leaving for the pre-reunion rendezvous.
Thankfully I found this ensemble with a whopping 1.5 hours to spare before we had to walk out the door. Ugh enough stress to justify starting botox early.
For Natalie's News this has been a very vain, Natalie-Corinne.
7 comments:
Girl, you were SMOKIN' HOT with killer brows!!!
Robin and I are laughing our heads off. We both agree you made the right choice. Robin says it shows just enough 'boobage' to be sexy and classy at the same time.
Hope you had a great time!
Your guncles
You DID look H O T! Even M.A. commented, "Natalie looked FANTASTIC"... You definitely won.
hahha Thanks y'all! stressful though, isn't it?
Jenna, who is MA? Is it TA?
You look great!!! Fab blog post!!
AGREED! I loved your dress. Lindsay and I decided your boobs should WIN!
YAY winning!!!!!
Post a Comment