Almost everything I thought about high school, summer jobs, prom, bands, dating, and college came from my loyal devotion to Saved By the Bell. Every Saturday I would get up early and watch Saved by the Bell and almost drool over Zach and wish I was Kelly. Although I know my "real" high school was here in town I've always had a soft place in my heart for Bayside..my first school. Once I got to high school I realized Bayside was not the most "accurate" representation of American high schools. The above clip is from the Bayside reunion and once again our reunion was nothing like this awkward Bayside clip complete with Mr. Belding dressed in some kind of Elvis costume. Anyway, thankfully our reunion actually was really fun. I didn't think to take a lot of pictures but luckily we went to high school with Evin, who became a really successful photographer and she took some pictures. We really had a lot of fun and I was really excited to see some people I had not seen in quite a while.
(Some of my high school crew...notice my knee pop? The inner Rockette will never go away)
I don't know what I thought would happen at this reunion but the entire night wasn't what I expected. I talked to a lot of nice people and everyone looked really good. You always hear about seeing some people who look just awful...you know bald, beer gut, etc. But honestly, whatever is in the water is working because everyone looked fantastic.
the boys after the reunion
After meeting and greeting with buds from the past we "bartied" (P's new combo definition of bar + party) with our good high school "group". Finally we went home "early" (1AM...we felt old, 3 nights of staying out too late and we couldn't take it). I still can't believe we've been out of high school for a decade! It really doesn't seem possible. I hope we still feel and look as good in 10 more years!
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

4 comments:
I concur...my boyfriend as well as Kristen's fiance commented on the attractiveness of our class.
So, let me tell you about my high school reunion.... it didn't happen!
Actually it did, but the organizers decided about 2 months in advance that our high school reunion was going to be a 5 day cruise in the Bahamas. Ummmmmm, can we think of all the things that are wrong with that...
And of course, I couldn't go to the Water Valley reunion because I was in Chautauqua. But that one almost didn't happen because no one planned anything.
People in MS need to get. it. together.
End Rant.
bwhwhhahahahahah omg, plan another one and make it fab, duh.
Glad you had so much fun...But I'm sure YOU were the most fabulous one there.
You are slowly turning into Iva! She organized all her reunions and I think you can not deny your roots!
For my 20 year reunion (which we had when I was 29 :P), there was a big debate about having alcohol because so many of the religious folk didn't approve..... they almost boycotted, but we compromised by hiding the alcohol in a truck outside... Gotta love the 'burg!
Uncle Ray
Post a Comment