Monday, June 20, 2011

across the pond




This week we are going across the pond to play in Europe. Ten years ago I had awful hair, was a newly high school graduate and experienced the trip of a lifetime with my cousin Lindsay and dear Uncle Ray. Fast forward ten years (agh!) and I'm lucky enough to get to go again! (winning!) This time we are going to London, then meeting up with P's family in Bournemouth and finishing the trip in Paris! I'm so excited to meet P's English family for the first time. I'm a tad nervous about meeting the English side so I am reading up on my manors and etiquette...if only the countess was here to help me! I'm also pumped about practicing my French again. (Translation: ordering food badly in French.) Although it's been ten years and I think my French is a bit (ha) rusty I'm expecting to be a bit more experienced in other aspects of life. Translation: Not expecting to make trips to the US embassy for passport issues, will probably not stand up and sing "Ave Maria" on a train traveling from Paris to Munich after first experiences with too much wine, will not eat questionable seafood and get ridiculous food poisoning...but I will have as much fun as the first time...hopefully more!




Pour Natalie Nouvelles ceci a ete, Natalie-Corinne.


(cannot figure out how to put accent marks in blogger!)

7 comments:

Shari Bac said...

Dear Lord! It's been 10 years since you guys went with Ray! NOT FREAKING POSSIBLE!! Now don't even TRY to compare the 2 trips.... You will only get hurt! :P Each one will have it's own merits and wonderful memories! Hope you and Philip have the time of your lives!

Jessica Bishop said...

thanks for inviting me to read your blog, Natalie! I'm so excited for you guys and your fabulous trip- hope you have a blast!

Natalie Corinne said...

thanks for reading!

@Shari, I can't belive it's been 10 years either. Too crazy! I'm going to go back and change this blog though and say it's been 5 so I can start lying about my age now. ha

bagofcorn said...

Yes, you most definitely need to lie. 10 years..nooooo. We are not that old. Have a great time! That will be great to meet his side of the family!

Natalie Corinne said...

shall I go ahead and erase this post so there is no real record of us being...old? Maybe I'll just say we went 4 years ago. No one will know.

Ray said...

Please don't lose your passport, or miss 1/2 day without chocolate, or let your other party wander off in a crowded strange street and get lost for an hour, or bite into a liquour filled chocolate, or stay in any hotel less than a 5 star one!
Uncle Ray

Natalie Corinne said...

all important lessons I learned in life I learned from my Uncle Ray