I made it! The long days of middle school drama are over and the glorious scorching days of summer vacation have arrived. The fact that I'm 28 and still have a summer vacation is the most wonderful and slightly embarrassin
g part of my life. I mean I feel we earn it and it's not like it's a big paid vacation, but still. Of course every summer it's almost like January all over again and I feel a huge need to make a million goals, that let's just be honest, probably will not get accomplished. Today I stated off with a bang though, well not totally. I got up and drank too much coffee and watched some of The View. It was a rerun but new to me, all about weddings, so not really pertinent. When I'd had enough of weddings do's and don'ts, I decided to get busy. I cleaned our entire house and then braved our yard. Umm...who doesn't believe in global warming? It's 90 degrees by 10AM! Anyway, after working like a dog all day, I've decided to take a little blog break then back to my work out plans for the summer. Obviously I will reach the top peak of fitness glory in 1 week is goal number 1. (so, perhaps I haven't really achieved the whole setting realistic goals concept)
g part of my life. I mean I feel we earn it and it's not like it's a big paid vacation, but still. Of course every summer it's almost like January all over again and I feel a huge need to make a million goals, that let's just be honest, probably will not get accomplished. Today I stated off with a bang though, well not totally. I got up and drank too much coffee and watched some of The View. It was a rerun but new to me, all about weddings, so not really pertinent. When I'd had enough of weddings do's and don'ts, I decided to get busy. I cleaned our entire house and then braved our yard. Umm...who doesn't believe in global warming? It's 90 degrees by 10AM! Anyway, after working like a dog all day, I've decided to take a little blog break then back to my work out plans for the summer. Obviously I will reach the top peak of fitness glory in 1 week is goal number 1. (so, perhaps I haven't really achieved the whole setting realistic goals concept) Back to the last day of school. We were running around, all very busy (still with NO air) and all the sudden one of my favorite and smartest students stopped me in the hall and gave me this!It's a super fancy, teacher pen. After showing me how the balls spin on top (that's what she said) he said, "make sure not to loan it out, you won't get it back" ha! He is a Lenny Kravitz look alike and I thought this was so thoughtful! If only all (really I would settle for half) of my students were like this...sigh. 
Here's to a wonderful summer! For Natalie's News this has ben, Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
Nat, I love the pen, so sweet!
How sweet!
Post a Comment